Mike Anderson - Former Coach

The fact that Anderson’s “never had a losing season” record is in jeopardy after what was possibly the weakest non conference schedule in school and perhaps, league history, ranked 330 something, tells you all you need to know about this season and his inflated record.
Don't forget- with his "most talented" team here...

I think it’s a slippery slope when applying Catholic values to not hiring a BB Coach . Our Society values today have put many of the Catholic values under siege . Yet , I’m sure many St John’s faculty , Students , etc are proponents of LGBTQ and other groups viewpoints and those groups are active on Campus . And , those views are not accepted Catholic values are they ? I’m not condemning those Groups just stating they exist on Campus with Administration and Trustee support . So , why is Pitino such a issue on hiring a BB Coach . Presumably he’s made his peace with Redemption and Reconciliation . So why would our School continue to ostracize him ? It is slippery when you use Catholic tenets on some things and not on others . Lastly , if G ‘ town hires Pitino , how does our School justify our Catholic values but , not theirs ?

I think it’s a slippery slope when applying Catholic values to not hiring a BB Coach . Our Society values today have put many of the Catholic values under siege . Yet , I’m sure many St John’s faculty , Students , etc are proponents of LGBTQ and other groups viewpoints and those groups are active on Campus . And , those views are not accepted Catholic values are they ? I’m not condemning those Groups just stating they exist on Campus with Administration and Trustee support . So , why is Pitino such a issue on hiring a BB Coach . Presumably he’s made his peace with Redemption and Reconciliation . So why would our School continue to ostracize him ? It is slippery when you use Catholic tenets on some things and not on others . Lastly , if G ‘ town hires Pitino , how does our School justify our Catholic values but , not theirs ?
Well said! Couldn’t have said it better myself. And think about Iona alter hiring Pitino and Xavier hiring Miller. Does that mean those schools and administrations have no Catholic values? Of course not.

We are now led by a Dominican and history tells us that the Dominicans led the Inquisition--nothing short of the rack for Rick will do! 🙃 🙃

I think it’s a slippery slope when applying Catholic values to not hiring a BB Coach . Our Society values today have put many of the Catholic values under siege . Yet , I’m sure many St John’s faculty , Students , etc are proponents of LGBTQ and other groups viewpoints and those groups are active on Campus . And , those views are not accepted Catholic values are they ? I’m not condemning those Groups just stating they exist on Campus with Administration and Trustee support . So , why is Pitino such an issue on hiring a BB Coach . Presumably he’s made his peace with Redemption and Reconciliation . So why would our School continue to ostracize him ? It is slippery when you use Catholic tenets on some things and not on others . Lastly , if G ‘ town hires Pitino , how does our School justify our Catholic values but , not theirs ?
So true
Excellent points

Or worse, the Comfy Chair! No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
spanish fan GIF

Drissa playing clips must be rarer than Zach Brown’s

SJ press release

QUEENS, N.Y. (Feb. 10, 2023) – This week’s episode of the Red Storm Report premieres Friday at 5:30 p.m. on MSG Sports Network (MSGSN).

Episode six of the Red Storm Report includes a sit-down interview with host Brandon Tierney and Head Coach Mike Anderson. The show will also feature a player profile on red-shirt freshman forward Drissa Traore, a feature on St. John’s Hall of Famer Solly Walker, the first African American varsity basketball player at St. John’s, and the NewYork Presbyterian Amazing Plays that highlight the top dunks of the season.

Drissa playing clips must be rarer than Zach Brown’s

SJ press release

QUEENS, N.Y. (Feb. 10, 2023) – This week’s episode of the Red Storm Report premieres Friday at 5:30 p.m. on MSG Sports Network (MSGSN).

Episode six of the Red Storm Report includes a sit-down interview with host Brandon Tierney and Head Coach Mike Anderson. The show will also feature a player profile on red-shirt freshman forward Drissa Traore, a feature on St. John’s Hall of Famer Solly Walker, the first African American varsity basketball player at St. John’s, and the NewYork Presbyterian Amazing Plays that highlight the top dunks of the season.
Expect a lot of layup line cuts...

What does that have to do with hiring Pitino?
It raises the question of putting someone of questionable character in a position of prominence at the University from which many of us have degrees. It does not ban forgiveness but suggests that we keep that person of questionable character away from positions where his name will be continually associated with St. John's in the press and in the public mind.

Back