Mike Anderson - Former Coach

lol this guy's a clown. He knows who everyone is.
You're not that important to argue with Columbo, you're just funny to me.
I'll just ignore you. Bye clown.
Your stupid ass was once on Johnny Jungle and on here. Ignore me. That's what I've done since you've been back on here..... Skip right past your remedial-toned posts. You must have the IQ of a rock.

Damn to bad I can't ignore this clown while i'm signed off, nice hat by the way you clown hahaha.
You're just a doofy looking clown hahaha.
You're new nick name will be clown boy.

Damn to bad I can't ignore this clown while i'm signed off, nice hat by the way you clown hahaha.
What's that gibberish you're speaking, Mr. Remedial? I clearly know who you are, Mr. Stupid. I knew after your first couple posts, but ignored you because I know you're functioning with limited brain cells. See you regurgitate the same idiotic stuff over and over like a dunce. Elementary material. Your posting style gave you away, fool.

Tell your guardian or orderly to shut off the computer as I sense it's extremely difficult for you to execute. Strap in your bed.

Hahaha the Doofus with the hat uh duhhhhhh ahhhh dayummmmm.
Can't stop laughing at clown boy...
Serious though by looking at that pic I believe you're mentally slow and I can't argue with you anymore.
So I'm calling it a night.

Hahaha the Doofus with the hat uh duhhhhhh ahhhh dayummmmm.
Can't stop laughing at clown boy...
Serious though by looking at that pic I believe you're mentally slow and I can't argue with you anymore.
So I'm calling it a night.
Like I said, I knew who you were from jump. Once you mentioned my ivy cap (obviously, you lack style, but I'm not surprised as I doubt you could zip up your pants without any help), it cemented my beliefs.

Please do (go to bed), as I barely can understand what you're typically trying to get across. It's the equivalent of five year olds playing basketball..... A conglomeration of shit for the most part.

My neighbor's dog would do a better job relaying their message.

Knight must be sleeping in on a cold Saturday morning so I'll help him out ENOUGH! lol I'm actually enjoying the witty repartee between you guys as long as it doesn't get too nasty as we are all on the same side on this board.

Last edited:
Can't trust the children to behave without an adult in the room.

TOO ALL-Please behave. This has gotten old.

Back to coaches:

I see a lot of people listing Lavin near the top of our coaches since Louie but let’s not let recency bias affect your memory. Lavin was a great recruiter and a good person, but there were reasons he was let go. He was pretty awful at X’s and O’s and in game coaching. Do you guys remember the timeouts he would call while we were on a big run killing our momentum? While he was a good recruiter, that came with a lot of sketchy tactics and recruiting questionable characters (many ineligible kids, parking lot transcripts and more). While he was a lame duck coach that last season, just stopping your job of recruiting also put the program back a year or two as well.

With that being said, I would still take him over his replacement any day of the week.

And for those calling CMA our worst coach in recent history, he did win BE coach of the year, never had a bad season, has been very good at player development and has been much better at recruiting “good” kids compared to recent coaches limiting “scandals”.

And now with that being said, I look forward to seeing who his replacement will be soon.

Agree with your post 14 but not with the never had a bad season. With his history of cupcake weak OOC schedules I judge him on conference record and getting to the post season only.

By bad season I meant more on the borderline of embarrassing (a la Ewing/Georgetown)

Back to coaches:

I see a lot of people listing Lavin near the top of our coaches since Louie but let’s not let recency bias affect your memory. Lavin was a great recruiter and a good person, but there were reasons he was let go. He was pretty awful at X’s and O’s and in game coaching. Do you guys remember the timeouts he would call while we were on a big run killing our momentum? While he was a good recruiter, that came with a lot of sketchy tactics and recruiting questionable characters (many ineligible kids, parking lot transcripts and more). While he was a lame duck coach that last season, just stopping your job of recruiting also put the program back a year or two as well.

With that being said, I would still take him over his replacement any day of the week.

And for those calling CMA our worst coach in recent history, he did win BE coach of the year, never had a bad season, has been very good at player development and has been much better at recruiting “good” kids compared to recent coaches limiting “scandals”.

And now with that being said, I look forward to seeing who his replacement will be soon.
The seven coaches that were hired after Lou all have been flawed hires in some way. At moments, usually early in their tenure, all of them appeared that they could have worked out. However, over time, it became apparent that there was a reason to move on. In Lavin's case there may have been less of a consensus of opinion that his tenure should have ended and perhaps that is why some have him higher on their list.

The truth is there is no such thing as the perfect hire. I remember that near the end of his tenure that many people thought SJU would be much better off moving on from Coach Carnesecca because the game had passed him by and that he was too old. I find it highly ironic that now, thirty one years later, that the candidate of choice by many fans is actually more than three years older than Coach Carnesecca was when he retired.

I don't have a crystal ball on the future, but I will continue to hope for the best for this program regardless of who is in charge. If I can go to the games and root for us through the Kevin Clark era then I can deal with where we are now. Have I been disappointed with this season? Absolutely! I don't think anyone: fans, players, coaches or the university administration could reasonably be happy with the on court product this season. I am pretty sure Mike Anderson will not survive past the end of the season, but I take no joy in that. His tenure may have been a mixed bag, but in 2020 at halftime of the Big East Tournament Creighton game I was very sure we had made a great hire. That we likely will have to have to hire yet another post-Lou coach and try and rebuild again is extremely disappointing to me, but regardless I am and will remain a loyal SJU fan.

The seven coaches that were hired after Lou all have been flawed hires in some way. At moments, usually early in their tenure, all of them appeared that they could have worked out. However, over time, it became apparent that there was a reason to move on. In Lavin's case there may have been less of a consensus of opinion that his tenure should have ended and perhaps that is why some have him higher on their list.

The truth is there is no such thing as the perfect hire. I remember that near the end of his tenure that many people thought SJU would be much better off moving on from Coach Carnesecca because the game had passed him by and that he was too old. I find it highly ironic that now, thirty one years later, that the candidate of choice by many fans is actually more than three years older than Coach Carnesecca was when he retired.

I don't have a crystal ball on the future, but I will continue to hope for the best for this program regardless of who is in charge. If I can go to the games and root for us through the Kevin Clark era then I can deal with where we are now. Have I been disappointed with this season? Absolutely! I don't think anyone: fans, players, coaches or the university administration could reasonably be happy with the on court product this season. I am pretty sure Mike Anderson will not survive past the end of the season, but I take no joy in that. His tenure may have been a mixed bag, but in 2020 at halftime of the Big East Tournament Creighton game I was very sure we had made a great hire. That we likely will have to have to hire yet another post-Lou coach and try and rebuild again is extremely disappointing to me, but regardless I am and will remain a loyal SJU fan.

WOW … a mature, reasoned post. Thanks for posting.

There is a reasonable level of fan agreement that CMA is not the guy to get the program back on track. So the next items to unfold seem;

1. Does Father Shanley have the $ to support a full buyout? I think not.

2. Would CMA compromise on the guaranteed $ to a degree acceptable to both parties knowing next season won’t likely be better than this one? Seems unlikely, but possible.

3. Would fan support further erode if CMA returns for fifth season? Hard to believe it wouldn’t. I would not be shocked to see an encore however.

4. In event CMA exits, what are the roster and recruiting commitment impacts? There will be fallout in this transfer mania age, but to what extent will probably depend who the new HC is and what opportunities materialize at other programs. There is usually pain in these situations, but it is price you pay for betterment hopefully.

There will be a lot of moving pieces at season’s end for sure.

Back