Mike Anderson - Former Coach

I'm a little tired of the arguments for Lavin and Mullin. They both stopped recruiting and had no one coming in. This is not a defense of CMA because I want him gone too, but please, show me the recruits either Lavin or Mullin had coming in the season after they were fired.
Mullin left CMA with Figgy , Herron , Earlington , GWillisms , Josh Roberts , etc . While not incoming recruits they were carry overs from Mullin ‘s recruiting .

I'm a little tired of the arguments for Lavin and Mullin. They both stopped recruiting and had no one coming in. This is not a defense of CMA because I want him gone too, but please, show me the recruits either Lavin or Mullin had coming in the season after they were fired.
Lavin stopped recruiting because he took us to an NCAA tournament had some 20+ win seasons, was in n the cusp of taking us to a second NCAA tournament and he was not offered an extension. He also heard the Mullin rumors. CMA was given an extension after accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Again, I'm not advocating to keep CMA, but you can make all the excuses you want, my statement is still true. Both left with no incoming recruits because they stopped recruiting. Regardless of reason that fact does not change.

Lavin stopped recruiting because he took us to an NCAA tournament had some 20+ win seasons, was in n the cusp of taking us to a second NCAA tournament and he was not offered an extension. He also heard the Mullin rumors. CMA was given an extension after accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Lavin had the Sampson kid from Louisiana (a four star I believe) and the guard who ended up at Auburn and played well. So two quality recruits signed - both bailed when he was let go.

L
Mostly all the opinions here express the reality that CMA isn’t getting the job done that he was hired to do .. There are those who fear the University will succumb to the heavy buyout and do nothing . Leaving us with the same awful BB we have seen for nearly all the CMA years . Others speculate that all the buyout details will be dealt with and Mike leaves and Rick Pitino comes across the Whitestone with his HOF pedigree . What will happen ? Anybody’s guess at this time . Fan support for Mike is at its lowest point ever in his time here ., When do the boos start, fans don’t show up , Players transfer out ? It’s all possible and soon . For whatever reasons , Mike hasn’t been able to come close to any of the success he enjoyed for 1/2 the years he spent at UAB, Missouri and Arkansas. If this were baseball , Mike is 0-4 . Why make it 5? At least in the Mullin years , we had Ponds to watch play and he was good enough by himself to create some enjoyment . Unfortunately , he had few teammates that could be relied on to score regularly . It’s been great seeing Soriano improve this year but , he’s been basically the only bright light . We haven’t seen enough of Storr and Pinzon seems to be hot and cold …Like he was on Friday . Mathis out doesn’t help but , would he have turned the Nova game around ? Don’t know but , doubtful . So here we are on Jan 22, 2023. What’s next ?
No dance, no job. ‘Nuff said.

Lavin had the Sampson kid from Louisiana (a four star I believe) and the guard who ended up at Auburn and played well. So two quality recruits signed - both bailed when he was let go.

Yes, Doughty along with Sampson. His staff had also had done the leg work on Lovett (you can check the 29 pages of posts on the Lovett thread in the archive before Lavin was fired if you don't believe me) though Lovett didn't commit until after he was fired and Sampson and Doughty decommitted. Same goes for Mussini with regard to Lavin and staff laying the foundation.

when he made that statement I thought the same thing. Why put yourself out there like that- most talent / make the dance...whatever he said?

I took that as - "this is it - i have to walk the walk this year- so might as well talk the talk" - assumed he had some convo's with the guys who call the shots and the writing was on the wall. Make it happen this year or you're gone.
Exactamundo Buck! CMA did what the late NY Giants head coach Jim Fassel did: stated he was pushing all his chips to the middle of the table in a last ditch effort to get the Giants to the playoffs. For Fassel it worked, so far for CMA not so much.

He also had third guard commited who went to Boston College.

Anyone see the video of CMA talking about tomorrow’s Georgetown game where he says the game is at Carnesecca Arena? Doesn’t even know came is at the Garden. Another example of him not being in control of his St. James program. This on top of school sending out a notice to fans with the wrong date at time of the game. What a clown 🤡 show! And we wonder why this program can’t get out of its own way!

Anyone see the video of CMA talking about tomorrow’s Georgetown game where he says the game is at Carnesecca Arena? Doesn’t even know came is at the Garden. Another example of him not being in control of his St. James program. This on top of school sending out a notice to fans with the wrong date at time of the game. What a clown 🤡 show! And we wonder why this program can’t get out of its own way!
But the fencing schedule was correct

We can only hope he shows up at Carnesecca for the game.

Maybe he was hoping gtown would go to the wrong court and forfeit

Back