Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Otis: Let’s just say that it’s out there…this isn’t some big secret. He’s making about 1 mil a year at Iona. Do the math…

Of course Pitino, who did not get a contract extension this past off season, would likely be open to options better than his current job. This is done all the time. SJU stupidly courted Mullin while Lavin was coaching his last season. I am sure at the proper time RP would listen to what Shanley has in mind after Mike’s future is clear. The big question is will SJU be interested in Rick. Getting him may be logical to many of us, but Shanley pays the bills/buyout.

I personally think this chronically dormant program needs a guy at the helm who could provide a “jolt” to get on a Providence like path, consistently competing at high level. Pitino imo fits that mold. I doubt Anderson can dig out of the latest BE hole, so once again SJU will likely come to a fork in the road re whether to let MA go and invest the money in high caliber guy like RP or risk hiring a rising coach at a lower level. SJU has historically taken wrong fork, but we are either due or our losing tradition slogs on.
Well articulated, Paultz. Sums up the current situation.

Clearly when it comes to conference defense, St. John’s has been a pretty consistent bottom feeders under this staff.

Again, show your work. I can't find stats that support nor disprove your hypothesis. They've left guys wide open at the perimeter for years and yet their stats are not nearly as bad as I might have thought.

However in my searches I did find that STJ leads the conference in rebounding and Offensive rebounding. This goes counter to what I've expected of STJ the past years. So they got that going for them . . .

Again, show your work. I can't find stats that support nor disprove your hypothesis. They've left guys wide open at the perimeter for years and yet their stats are not nearly as bad as I might have thought.

However in my searches I did find that STJ leads the conference in rebounding and Offensive rebounding. This goes counter to what I've expected of STJ the past years. So they got that going for them . . .

Did you not see the graph in this thread two pages back that showed St. John’s near the bottom of the league in defense?

….. an Independent Accountability Resolution Process panel concluded in November 2022 that Pitino had committed no NCAA violations in the recruitment of Bowen and, indeed, (Pitino) had “promoted an atmosphere of compliance” at the University of Louisville.

[ Note: someone should get President Shanley a copy of the NCAA’s Independent Accountability Resolution Process panel’s report to dispel false misconceptions regarding Pitino. ]

Back