Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Would be nice if CMA steps down to give an assistant a shot, but I think that's extremely unlikely.

Clever how you didn't say "question and answer" session. ;)
One question is we can't even sell out carnesseca arena this year we were 11&2 playing a top 25 team and only 4500 fans if that's not telling how low we have sunk and forget the live in game stuff that's grounds for neglect... sorry I'm just getting tired and a little salty about my favorite team...

The terrible play is grabbing all the interest but as Tommyo5454 points out attendance is another major problem. If CA doesn’t sell out for Xavier and the cupcakes all had bad crowds, it is another minus for this program.

Meanwhile, Xavier made the decision to hire a guy with a good chunk of baggage and are about to beat the #2 team in the country in an absolutely rocking Cintas Center and will be in the mix for a top 4 seed in that coach’s first year.

Enough of the nice guy coaches here. Just win
In an admittedly weak defense of us, Miller was already loved there so it was easier to bring him back. Plus the X admin might have a long history of not being the total tight asses and tightwads that our admin is.

Pitino has to be on the list , until he’s not . Others worth dreaming about are Chris Mack and possibly a Calipari as a dark horse . Kentucky fans are getting ansy and doesn’t look like a NCAA Championship is in the offing . I have another pipe dream too … He’s been out of Coaching this year but , he’s still young enough to Coach again … Who is he ? Jay Wright . And , why not? Guys who love Coaching like challenge and what’s a bigger challenge than St John’s? Besides , Jay would have loved the job years ago and maybe that still , lights a fire within him ? The chance to Coach against Miller , Smart , Cooley, Matta, Holloway , Neptune , Hurley , McDermott, might be a challenge for Jay . I don’t know his personal issues but , hey asking him doesn’t hurt at all . He can only say no . And , might say Yes …. Another possibility too , might be Mike Brey at ND . The Irish have been lack luster since leaving the BE and Mike might like a change of scenery . So, there are some hot chestnuts out there .

Looking at who could potentially be our competitors for Pitino. Here are the power conference schools that might or will be open after this season:

Georgetown
Ole Miss
(A bunch of Pac12 schools but I don't see Pitino going out West)
NC State
Georgia Tech

Really hope Pitino wants to stay in NY because I could see NC State or Georgia Tech making a run at him for his last dance. Then have to be mindful of possible retirements like Hamilton at FSU or something like that.

Looking at who could potentially be our competitors for Pitino. Here are the power conference schools that might or will be open after this season:

Georgetown
Ole Miss
(A bunch of Pac12 schools but I don't see Pitino going out West)
NC State
Georgia Tech

Really hope Pitino wants to stay in NY because I could see NC State or Georgia Tech making a run at him for his last dance. Then have to be mindful of possible retirements like Hamilton at FSU or something like that.
I don't think any of those schools outside Georgetown would hold any appeal for him at all.

Pitino has to be on the list , until he’s not . Others worth dreaming about are Chris Mack and possibly a Calipari as a dark horse . Kentucky fans are getting ansy and doesn’t look like a NCAA Championship is in the offing . I have another pipe dream too … He’s been out of Coaching this year but , he’s still young enough to Coach again … Who is he ? Jay Wright . And , why not? Guys who love Coaching like challenge and what’s a bigger challenge than St John’s? Besides , Jay would have loved the job years ago and maybe that still , lights a fire within him ? The chance to Coach against Miller , Smart , Cooley, Matta, Holloway , Neptune , Hurley , McDermott, might be a challenge for Jay . I don’t know his personal issues but , hey asking him doesn’t hurt at all . He can only say no . And , might say Yes …. Another possibility too , might be Mike Brey at ND . The Irish have been lack luster since leaving the BE and Mike might like a change of scenery . So, there are some hot chestnuts out there .
If Cragg is allowed to make the hire, I think Brey will be one of the favorites. I think his time is running out at ND and they worked together back when Brey was an assistant at Duke.

Your setting us up for a lot of no’s.

If Cragg is allowed to make the hire, I think Brey will be one of the favorites. I think his time is running out at ND and they worked together back when Brey was an assistant at Duke.
If we do get a new coach, let’s not get another guy past his prime. Pitino id say has shown no evidence of being past his prime.

Bottom line, if the bosses at SJU are sick of being embarrassed by days like today & seasons like this season is turning out to be,
if SJU is sick of not winning a single NCAA game in 23 years.

If you can right everything wrong with SJU basketball for the last 23 lousy freaking years, well there's only one way to do that, you must hire Pitino.
He'll instantly change everything, top thing that he'd bring is, we'd matter again right off the bat. We would be one of the jokes in the league anymore. It feels like we're going the way of other former NYC great schools: Fordham, NYU, CCNY.
For us SJU fans that seen the great ERA of SJU BBall this is killing us, because we know SJU could be great again, but only with a champion coach.

Here's hoping that the powers that be makes the only move that would make us matter instantly, if not then they gotta look at themselves in the mirror. With that I'll say to everyone HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!

One question is we can't even sell out carnesseca arena this year we were 11&2 playing a top 25 team and only 4500 fans if that's not telling how low we have sunk and forget the live in game stuff that's grounds for neglect... sorry I'm just getting tired and a little salty about my favorite team...
I was surprised at the empty seats, my daughter told me that we went to the game on the same date 5 years ago
Carnesecca was packed
They lost to Providence

Yep. Time to move on. Really appreciate Anderson coming in and stabilizing a program that was wobbling but he’s sort of shown himself to be a bridge coach and it’s time to find who’s at the other end of that bridge. Big East programs serious about success just can’t give guys 5 seasons to make the tournament. Not a reflection of the man just the coach (or at least the coach he is at this point.)

If he can prove us all wrong and do a 180 on the season I’m more than happy to reconsider my opinion and have him stick around but I don’t see that happening.

Brey is not going anywhere. He is beloved at ND, not a lot of pressure due to being overshadowed by football. As long as he makes the NCAA tournament once every 3-4 years, he will leave ND on his own term.

Second, his coaching style is soft. He lives and dies with 3 point shooting. I've watched 2 games this year, no inside presence.

Back