Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Don't get me wrong NCJ, if a coach is a great guy that's wonderful, but is Boeheim, for example, considered a great guy by anyone except maybe his wife and kids? Does anyone in Syracuse care? Do you think any of those kids in that huddle listening to Sean Miller care if he's a great guy? Do you think any of the kids in our huddle really care if CMA is a great guy? Some of my best mentors in life were pricks. I don't think the kids care if the coach is great guy or a prick, so long as they can look to him for leadership and directions. That's what coaches get paid millions to do.
A great coach who is also a great guy (and a Chaminade man to boot) wanted the job a long time ago, but for some reason we decided to leave him in North Carolina.

Don't get me wrong NCJ, if a coach is a great guy that's wonderful, but is Boeheim, for example, considered a great guy by anyone except maybe his wife and kids? Does anyone in Syracuse care? Do you think any of those kids in that huddle listening to Sean Miller care if he's a great guy? Do you think any of the kids in our huddle really care if CMA is a great guy? Some of my best mentors in life were pricks. I don't think the kids care if the coach is great guy or a prick, so long as they can look to him for leadership and direction. That's what coaches get paid millions to do.
Just a different philosophy Monte, but none of my mentors were pricks and the pricks I had to deal with (and there were a few) I couldn't wait to say goodbye to. On the one hand I hear you, on the other hand I suspect Dangelo H. would tell you that Lavin made a huge difference in his life by not being a prick who only cared about winning.

He'll definitely be one of the hot young names after this season if FAU keeps it up this season. Currently 36th in KenPom and they only finished top 200 in KP since 1997 before May got there (ironically Jarvis 2011 team finished 186th). Has ties to the midwest and south, but nothing in the northeast.
Another hopeful, please no more hopefuls, they never pan out for us. Pitino or bust.

Enough please with the "CMA is a great guy" talk.

Brian Mahoney is a great guy
Jarvis was considered great guy (for a while)
Norm is a great guy
Lav is a great guy

I don't frankly care if CMA is a great guy, I care if he's a good coach. I'd take Attila the Hun if he was still alive and could coach. .
😂

Coach needs 6 wins to keep his winning season going and while I have almost given up on the NCAA tournament I am highly confident he will get his job done. At Seton Hall will be win 2.

Coach needs 6 wins to keep his winning season going and while I have almost given up on the NCAA tournament I am highly confident he will get his job done. At Seton Hall will be win 2.
Who cares! I don’t even think it’s a steak of winning seasons, but rather non-losing seasons. In any event, the stat is inflated by wins against the sisters if the poor. If you go 5-13 in conference you haven’t had a winning season in my book. And most importantly, I couldn’t give a crap about a meaningless stat like that. The only thing I care about is watching this long suffering program enjoy some real success.

The backchanneling by Cragg better be starting immediately. Knowing this school they’ll wait until mid March to even start thinking about it and the next search will be just as much of a national embarrassment as the last one.

Quietly lock Pitino in before Feb 1

The backchanneling by Cragg better be starting immediately. Knowing this school they’ll wait until mid March to even start thinking about it and the next search will be just as much of a national embarrassment as the last one.

As one of the first to want CMA gone, it must be said that 100% of the blame does not fall on his shoulders. These players consistently get punked out there and have 0 response.

Expect a mass exodus in March/April. I realize slick Rick is the top choice but does anyone else feel as though NIL is the great equalizer and some of these career cheaters maybe lose their edge?

As one of the first to want CMA gone, it must be said that 100% of the blame does not fall on his shoulders. These players consistently get punked out there and have 0 response.

Expect a mass exodus in March/April. I realize slick Rick is the top choice but does anyone else feel as though NIL is the great equalizer and some of these career cheaters maybe lose their edge?
Pitino will get players and win.

This is not me being hyperbolic or exaggerating. If SJU and Iona played on a neutral court tomorrow the line would be pickem or Iona a small favorite

Did anybody ever give some thought that CMA and his family may want to leave the big city life and head back home! Maybe he doesn’t give a damn if he loses his job! He will continue to get paid for 2 years and then retire! Something to think about!

Meanwhile, Xavier made the decision to hire a guy with a good chunk of baggage and are about to beat the #2 team in the country in an absolutely rocking Cintas Center and will be in the mix for a top 4 seed in that coach’s first year.

Enough of the nice guy coaches here. Just win

I didn’t want to post this out of respect for coach A but what happened today is a disgrace. Without giving away too much because I don’t know much more than this, I can guarantee that Pitino let it be known that he’s open to coaching in Queens.

I didn’t expect this type of total no show and I’m embarrassed as a fan bc we deserve better. There’s a lot of season left but if things continue, they’ll be competition for our top choice after the season. It may come down to our choice wanting to return to the Big East and prove himself again. We won’t top the money he’s gonna be offered.

He’s enjoying Iona but he realized right away how limited they are. It’s almost as if the powers to be over there brought him in to elevate the program short term to position themselves to jump into a bigger conference. Pitino has balls and I don’t think he sees SJU as a huge rebuild bc he’s so confident in himself, his track record and his ability to recruit.

Sorry for the rant and I don’t mean to start rumors but I can’t not share this after watching what I just shut off.

I didn’t want to post this out of respect for coach A but what happened today is a disgrace. Without giving away too much because I don’t know much more than this, I can guarantee that Pitino let it be known that he’s open to coaching in Queens.

I didn’t expect this type of total no show and I’m embarrassed as a fan bc we deserve better. There’s a lot of season left but if things continue, they’ll be competition for our top choice after the season. It may come down to our choice wanting to return to the Big East and prove himself again. We won’t top the money he’s gonna be offered.

He’s enjoying Iona but he realized right away how limited they are. It’s almost as if the powers to be over there brought him in to elevate the program short term to position themselves to jump into a bigger conference. Pitino has balls and I don’t think he sees SJU as a huge rebuild bc he’s so confident in himself, his track record and his ability to recruit.

Sorry for the rant and I don’t mean to start rumors but I can’t not share this after watching what I just shut off.
If Pitino would come here and this school doesn't get him then everybody should cancel their season tickets and stop giving any money to the school or program. Would be disgraceful to not hire him.

I've had it. That 32 point turnaround was it. We don't need a coach if all we're going to do is play schoolyard one on one offense and drive into double and triple teams and try to make every lay-up a circus shot.

This team has no clue in the half court, can't shoot from outside and that is all on the coach, his strategy, or the lack thereof, and his inability to recruit players who can shoot. We can't make in game adjustments, it's all based on do-or-die pressure defense and when that doesn't work we are toast.

Not with Pitino , he has very good Wall Street connections and is a beast of fundraiser. He’ll get NIL money here and he will get players.

Back