Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Yep. Time to move on. Really appreciate Anderson coming in and stabilizing a program that was wobbling but he’s sort of shown himself to be a bridge coach and it’s time to find who’s at the other end of that bridge. Big East programs serious about success just can’t give guys 5 seasons to make the tournament. Not a reflection of the man just the coach (or at least the coach he is at this point.)

If he can prove us all wrong and do a 180 on the season I’m more than happy to reconsider my opinion and have him stick around but I don’t see that happening.
I'd argue that the program is more wobbly and more irrelevant now then when CMA took over.

Agree with you sadly…..5 yrs ago on 12/28 huge crowd. I’m going Tuesday and not really looking forward
As I just said to a friend, there was at least some buzz around Mullin at times because of his name, and because of Ponds. There has not been an iota of buzz around this program since CMA took over

As I just said to a friend, there was at least some buzz around Mullin at times because of his name, and because of Ponds. There has not been an iota of buzz around this program since CMA took over
There’s no buzz whatsoever. I remember mike Craig making it known about the crowds during Mullins years

One of the most disappointing things about the Mike Anderson era so far has been the lack of player development. While Soriano has improved tremendously (imagine where we’d be without him this year), Posh has regressed since his freshman year, Wusu hasn’t improved at all and neither has Mathis. Have Stanley or Niyewe improved significantly?

Which brings me back to a point I made earlier… if they aren’t game planning or working on offensive or defensive sets, or working on player development… what do they do in practice every day?

One of the most disappointing things about the Mike Anderson era so far has been the lack of player development. While Soriano has improved tremendously (imagine where we’d be without him this year), Posh has regressed since his freshman year, Wusu hasn’t improved at all and neither has Mathis. Have Stanley or Niyewe improved significantly?

Which brings me back to a point I made earlier… if they aren’t game planning or working on offensive or defensive sets, or working on player development… what do they do in practice every day?
Mathis was awful today but I think, given his limitations, he has played well this year.

I would actually fully disagree. I've seen a ton of development under CMA. Look at Champagnie. Look at Soriano. Posh has certainly regressed this year and so has Wusu. But both definitely progressed from year one to two. Look at Wheeler last year. If you are going to discredit anything about CMA, I don't believe you can fault him for player development. Just seems like this year the sum of the parts isn't working.

He probably still has them running sprints with the John Wooden weighted balls 🏀 over their heads to teach them discipline…

Back