Mike Anderson - Former Coach

I am not hating on Brey, I just feel he has lost his fastball (it happens) and is not what this program needs.

I agree with the leaving the BE stuff as it is spot on.

Pitino hasn’t had to show his fastball in 5-6 years. Let’s all hope he still has it.

Greg, agreed. The Program hasn’t been a factor in a long time. At this point I think we need someone with his experience and name recognition with Recruiting. (AND with fans) Hopefully, that guy is Pitino. I am cautiously optimistic that’s what they are thinking. Not sure about who else with his stature is available or would even consider this job.
Bill, I couldn't agree with you more. We all have to stop and take a step back and let the powers that be do what they think that they have to in order to resurrect this program, which is in peril. When we have fans calling for us to leave D1 competition in order to achieve some semblance of recognition, then it's time to address the situation. I think that this is a first step.

Pitino hasn’t had to show his fastball in 5-6 years. Let’s all hope he still has it.
Iona went from doormat that season without Cluess to winning its conference in back to back seasons after him. I remember Iona almost knocking out Alabama in the NCAA tournament as a 16 seed. Rick still seems to throw a 96 ball if need B

Last edited:
Iona went from doormat to winning its conference in back to back seasons. I remember Iona almost knocking out Alabama in the NCAA tournament as a 16 seed. Rick still seems to throw a 96 ball if need B
Doormat before he arrived?

Just that one bad year when Cluess got sick. Before that, they went to the NCAA 4 or 5 years in a row.

Not saying Rick has not done great there, but come on, know your facts.

But, Rick has to want them too, and that could be an issue, especially given Rick's preference (rightly) for players who can hit the three point shot. Because on this team, only Pinzon, Storr and Wusu showed that ability, and none of them at a great rate (maybe Pinzon).
Huh ? He’s gonna bring them in

Thanks to Anderson for being a good role model and face of the program. Unfortunate that he couldn’t get over the hump on the court.

Pitino would be exciting. I honestly didn’t think that was a real possibility so pleasantly surprised it’s on the table. Would certainly bring a level of recruiting we haven’t seen in awhile.

Thinking about Pitino…I was just recalling being absolutely destroyed by Providence with Billy Donovan and Delray Brooks lighting us up from 3 at the Big East Tournament. Anyone else remember being at that game. I was so pissed. I think there was another game after it but I can’t remember who even played. Ugh. Bad memory.

Back