Mike Anderson - Former Coach

-4 winning seasons but not enough wins that mattered.

Coached at sju:
2 BE most improved players
1 1st team all BE
2 2nd team al BE
BE Freshmen of the year
BE Defensive player of the year

Pinzons 3pt% was the worst of the 3.
I think Pinzon has the best form and shooting potential on the team…I think his % was adversely impacted by his tendency to force shots which was a function of knowing the balls wasn’t coming back once he passed it. Given the chance to settle in and if used properly, he would be a reliable open shooter. Frankly, we should have employed inside/outside strategy w/ him, Storr and Soriano

Wow! I believe anderson did and dos get his fair share of trashing. But respectful fans also dont need to kick him on the way out the door. He was a face of the program, recruited, also brought in top assistants, not just his buddies. Anderson won BE coach of the year, almost would of won the Big East tourny the covid year. Is he an awful in game coaching, ,YES. But you can tell his guys played their buts off and I also believe we all thanked Chris on his way out too. "Stay Classy San Diego" as ron burgundy would say
Respectful and classy, you won't find much of that on this site.

Honest question does Anderson coach again? I believe he might at a mid major aka amaker at Harvard or maybe to Iona they will soon have an opening . Now wouldn't that be funny but good for coach.

Here's my guess(based on absolutely nothing), some big donor stepped forward and said to SJU "you pay off Anderson, and I'll put up the money to hire Pitino".
Admittedly this is 3rd hand - friend of a friend of a source (someone impacted) said Repole provided funding for buyout.

Who knows? But, if so, good news and possible NIL help.

Imagine if its is true, we’ll get a sense at some point.

Admittedly this is 3rd hand - friend of a friend of a source (someone impacted) said Repole provided funding for buyout.

Who knows? But, if so, good news and possible NIL help.

Imagine if its is true, we’ll get a sense at some point.
Whether he provided funding for the buyout and/or the new hire, it's all good. He's a winner, a local guy and a diehard fan. It was completely foolish of the school to not maintain a relationship with him. My sense is that Shanley sees that.

Back