Mets 2024 Season

I am going to Saturday's game. Want to go tomorrow but it sounds really cold. Anyone going?
Unfortunately no. Tomorrow will be warmer but windy. Sounds like you picked a better day. March baseball is tough. More like survival than baseball weather or I‘m getting old. Enjoy the game though.

Unfortunately no. Tomorrow will be warmer but windy. Sounds like you picked a better day. March baseball is tough. More like survival than baseball weather or I‘m getting old. Enjoy the game though.
Why doesn’t MLB schedule cold weather teams in domes and warmers venues, until mid-March?

Why doesn’t MLB schedule cold weather teams in domes and warmers venues, until mid-March?
Money, what else.

A few years I read an article which explained that Attendance for ALL teams heads up in June. Schools let out. West Coast and warmweather teams and dome don’t want more early season games because of it. Home games in the summer matters.

With all the dome and warm weather teams it doesn’t make sense to start the year up north.

To make it worse they’ve moved the start of the season to March.

I went Saturday but would go again. If we keep losing prices will be good.
I'll check the schedule tomorrow I can get out of work for afternoon or weekend games. I'll text your tomorrow which ones

did the Mets leave their bats in Florida> embarassing offensive production

The team really has no heart, no leadership. Been a problem for awhile.

None of the core guys has stepped up to assume that role. Pete is puzzling. So is McNeill. Thought they could take the mantle, but haven't. Lindor is the closest but his leadership skills just aren't where they need to be.

Disappointing start, but too early to consider doing anything. The pitching could be good enough to keep us near .500. Hoping some of the young guys step up on offense and JD provides a lift.

Nimmo and Lindor don’t worry me all. I love Lindor’s swing.

Last night just proves how baseball is a “funny” game.SP Teheran was gone after just 4 innings and Mets in a hole. Braves have all kinds of offense with plenty of innings left. Mets offense has been inept and that’s being kind. So your thinking …game over. Naturally Mets bats come to life and score 8 runs. I’ll take it. They won’t do that every night.

Back