Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

I’m not sure we have the talent to get a signature win. More likely we have to really beat up on the bad teams and win some close games against teams in the middle.

We are at risk of being swept by 3-4 teams now.
How can you say that? We came within a heartbeat of beating UConn, creighton and Marquette, with two of those games being on the road. We could have easily won one or all of those games. We clearly have enough talent to get a signature win. Whether we have the right mindset, chemistry and/or winning plays down the stretch remains to be see .

Let's take a deep breath last year we never had a chance at anything . This year we are competitive almost beat creighton and Marquette two ranked teams it's a fun year and games are enjoyable year one that's all I ask . Remember this team was built within 3 weeks just remember that
We almost beat Marquette twice last year. I think we were up by double digits at the half in the big East tournament last year. Sick of moral victories

We had 4.3 seconds left on the clock! Tyus Edney had 4.8 seconds left on the clock and he DRIBBLED the length of the court and got a shot off. Jenkins got the ball at the three line with 2 seconds on the clock. The idea that someone couldn't have gotten into the lane within 4.3 seconds is so ridiculous I cant even believe I'm having this conversation.

With Joel in the game, they had five guys covering three...man to man on Brady and Luis, the other three guys playing "zone". What a colossal blunder.
If you think it’s easy to drive the length of the court and get into the lane for a good shot with 4.3 seconds left in the game, particularly with our guard speed, then more power to you.

There were four seconds left and we had to go the length of the court. Of course a Jenkins three is not our first option if we can run our stuff with time on the clock. But with four seconds left that was a tremendous look from someone who can hit the shot. If we were in that situation ten times, I’m not sure we’d get a better look.
Our hall of fame coach seems to agree with me.

“I can’t ask for a better shot than that. He was wide open,”

Rick Pitino

How many screens were set to get him open looks?
Not only is no one setting a screen for him, Jenkins doesn't seem to want to pass him the ball. That said, his shooting percentage in recent games stinks and he's not able to create shots for himself. As I've posted before, he looks like a one-trick pony. Hopefully he has the talent and ability to grow and evolve his game.

The refs were fine, until they called those two BS fouls on RJ late in the game.
The one was comical because the ref that called it from the sideline extended towards midcourt had no view of the play, it was obscured by several players between him and the scrum. Meanwhile, the ref with the perfect angle and on top of the play view, called nothing. I have never been a fan of three refs because of that fact, with two it was at least defined whose call it was and wasn’t, with three it is just a mish mosh free for all.

To be clear, I wouldn’t have designed it for Soriano to handle the ball with four seconds left, but it worked out well for us and Jenkins got a good clean look. Some of you guys are acting like there were 10 second left and we were inbounding the ball at half court.
A good look? Shooting over a 7 footer who was waiting for him to get the ball as the entire arena knew who was going to take it. Well ok then.

I’ve been impressed with the other things he’s done. He’s an automatic backdoor layup per game. He passes very well. Handles a bit.

The shooting is not great but we don’t have a PG to set him up. I don’t think he gets many great looks.

I could see him being a killer in a few years if I squint.
In addition, he plays decent D, rebounds OK and makes assists. I believe today he had 4 rebounds and 4 assists, more than any of our point guards. There's a reason our Hall of Fame coach gives him so many minutes.

Next time I would like to meet Monte. Must have just missed him. I actually liked the last play just wish it went to someone else. Not sure you can trust Brady yet but could have used Dingle.
Andrew I plan on being at Tracks before the game with my daughter (she'll be attending the game with me) on Wednesday, please send me a PM if you're there.
That holds true for anyone else who will be there

Back