Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

The refs tried to give us this game and we wouldn’t take it. They called a foul against Marquette every time one of our guys took it to the lane.

We closed a 13 pt deficit that way and then started shooting jumpers. We don’t play smart basketball.
I told Mike and Monte that you’ve been right all along. I disagree that Marquette got the calls. Kolek hit every call in the last few minutes. But Jenkins can’t be taking our last shot. He needs to find an open and higher percentage shooter.

I have a friend who was seated in front of luis on that play. He said luis definately fouled before the scramble for the ball.

I was there and the place was rocking the last few minutes. I don't feel horrible about this one. Yes, Jenkins missed the ft that would have tied it, but Kolek missed a couple down thecstretch too.

Rick at practice yesterday focused on out of bounds plays and jenkins got a really good look.

Roll this back to prior years where if we had 15 seconds we'd either turn it over, not get off a shot, or get a horrible look.

We are very close to busting over the top. I see the needle pointing rhe right direction and not in the direction of the futility of the past.

Lets beat Nova!
But watching the replay on TV Beast, I thought the guy traveled before Luis fouled (or didn't foul) him. Anyway, we can't really complain too much about officiating when we took 10 more free throws. No reason we can't beat Nova, hope we have Dingle back for that one.

Has pretty good sense of the game, cuts w/o ball, passes fine looking for guys unlike some teammates (4 assists today) and constantly moving. Add some strength and maturity he will be a fine player in time. You are right, a shooter needs to get ball in right spots from a PG & we don’t.
Strength is a big one, today Mitchell sent him flying while driving to the hoop, and last game the same thing happened.

Shout out to Zuby who is getting better by the game and dare I say, far more mobile/active then Joel.
Zuby has been playing with a high motor. I hav been pleasantly surprised by how quickly he has become an important piece of the team.

I wish our guards were actively looking to get Joel involved. I feel for the first 13 or so games of the season he was battling for position to make the entry pass easier and the last few games just been resigned to never getting the ball.

yes very disappointing. It shows play hard the whole game

just wish St. John’s would have pulled out one of these close wins

looking forward to nova game and the 1870 a5 Stouts
Anytime we lose it is not a fun game.
How is alleyne?

Back