Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

I can ask to not be down 13 points with 6 minutes to play. I can ask that a better shooter than Jenkins take the last shot. I can ask that Soriano not be on the floor in the last 4 seconds, and I can ask that Pitino design a 2 point shot as the last shot.
Stuff happens during a course of a game. Point being down 13 late in second half, still have 3 chances. At that point that’s all you can ask for.

Of course, let’s ignore the 8 points he had in the comeback, those don’t count I guess. He had a bad game but stayed tough and was a huge part of the reason you guys get to go into “Jenkins bashing” mode again, or should I say still.
Of course you would rather ignore his 6 turnovers, his over dribbling and the open team mates he continually misses.

I can ask to not be down 13 points with 6 minutes to play. I can ask that a better shooter than Jenkins take the last shot. I can ask that Soriano not be on the floor in the last 4 seconds, and I can ask that Pitino design a 2 point shot as the last shot.
So who would you like to have taken it? And I am as down on Soriano as anyone but the fact is he made a nice pass and Jenkins got off a good shot under the circumstances. On line, just a little short.
Besides who you wanted shooting, please tell me the play you would have run from the baseline with 4 seconds left and the players you would have used. I know someone who knows Pitino and I will gladly see if I can get it passed on.

We know you hate Pitino.

But complaining about shot they got to end the game is even a bit much from you.

The exact same amount of time and distance in Providence game and their last second shot was a running 36 foot heave.

And I can ask for a bolt of lightning to hit your house and just burn all your electronic devices

That number may not be exciting but I’d venture to say 95% of those were Johnnies fans, so it was loud. Students came in ten minutes late, would be nice to have more
Crowd was great and almost no Marquette fans. The crowd made a difference during the comeback and with the missed FTs. No moral victories and the L sucks, but was a fun game to be at. I brought a few “new” Johnnie’s fans with my tickets and they are now converts, buying Nova tix for them and their kids Wednesday night.

4-4 in the league, what we want is still very much in play. Let’s have a good crowd against Nova this week and get back to above .500.

Brady Dunlap was the weak link in our starting 5. Other 4 scored in double figures with Luis (20 points) carrying the team. Dunlap (2 points) should be spot playing, what he should be doing, is in large part attributed to the lack of offensive contribution of Glen Taylor.
How many screens were set to get him open looks?

Wilcher: Kolek shoved him twice behind the play. One was a 2 handed shove. As expected neither was called. Kolek also complained the entire game. Pathetic

But he’s been better of late. He never tries to get to the basket. Even after he passes the ball, he kinda drifts into the corner and hangs out…

I believe the man who revolutionized the 3 point shot in college basketball realizes that and will get them in time.

They will be lining up In the transfer portal to play for him this April

And this year he can be selective in who fits his system best. Will not have to add a whole roster on the fly.

I believe the man who revolutionized the 3 point shot in college basketball realizes that and will get them in time.

They will be lining up In the transfer portal to play for him this April

And this year he can be selective in who fits his system best. Will not have to add a whole roster on the fly.

I believe so, too.

From your tips to Gods ears.

Let's see who they have lined up, kind of like waiting for Christmas.

Regardless of how mad you are time to pack msg Wednesday even though it’s a late game. Do the St. John’s pregame 1870 thing at stout and meet some of our crew

Heck there is slight chance I can convince Nathalie to go if I promise not to get angry if we lose :)

She can bring me ambien and drive me home

Back