Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

It could be getting late early Jack. Now we have a Villanova team that’s looking for revenge coming in on Wednesday. If we lose it’s four loses in a row and we’re pretty much done until the Big East Tournament. I don’t want to hear but we haven’t played DePaul or Georgetown. Those games are not gimmes. We have to start winning games this week.
Yes of course we need to start winning and fast. But to say we don’t have the horses, I disagree. We’re 4-4 in Big East and have only been beaten easily once and we didn’t have our coach for that game.

This team is good enough to dance. It’s about going out and stacking some wins. There will be many more opportunities for big wins. Hell just look at two saturdays from right now.

Letting nice lead shrink in last few minutes of first half not helpful and then M’Q reverses their 0-11 three point shooting w 5 quick ones. To our credit we recover, have a shot at end, but poor shot selection rears its head

Yes of course we need to start winning and fast. But to say we don’t have the horses, I disagree. We’re 4-4 in Big East and have only been beaten easily once and we didn’t have our coach for that game.

This team is good enough to dance. It’s about going out and stacking some wins. There will be many more opportunities for big wins. Hell just look at two saturdays from right now.
I totally agree. We just aren’t good enough to pencil in any wins either, except DePaul

I’m not the one who said we didn’t have the horses. We need to learn how to execute in close games and we need to play defense with 100% effort for 40 minutes. For some reason this group just isn’t getting it.

Yup Marquette opened the door for us and we countered w poor shots. We are just not a smart, savvy team w any sense of time & situation.
You do realize they were down their top 2 shooting guards the whole game and 2 of their best scorers and lost by 2 points to #17 ranked team.

Did they have their struggles over course of game? Yes but the sky is falling posts here though not unexpected are a little baffling

Hope it is more raw emotions after a tough losses ( 2 consecutive Saturdays) than clear thinking

I’m not the one who said we didn’t have the horses. We need to learn how to execute in close games and we need to play defense with 100% effort for 40 minutes. For some reason this group just isn’t getting it.
Also, let’s be honest, looking forward to schedule easing up v bottom feeders is senseless. Most contending teams will beat them. We need to knock off some ranked or on cusp of being ranked teams and can’t afford to lose serve at home. Not being a downer, but I am not seeing a team that is coming together with more than a third of the BE season behind us. On to the next one and fully expect a win over less than stellar Nova.

You do realize they were down their top 2 shooting guards the whole game and 2 of their best scorers and lost by 2 points to #17 ranked team.

Did they have their struggles over course of game? Yes but the sky is falling posts here though not unexpected are a little baffling

Hope it is more raw emotions after a tough losses ( 2 consecutive Saturdays) than clear thinking
Marquette was missing their two top guys off the bench as well.

we can’t shoot. Big East play puts your flaws under the microscope like nothing else

Not having Dingle is really hurting us. Especially end of game situations.

Alleyne is done. He couldn’t even move on the bench. Major injury.

Brady Dunlap was the weak link in our starting 5. Other 4 scored in double figures with Luis (20 points) carrying the team. Dunlap (2 points) should be spot playing, what he should be doing, is in large part attributed to the lack of offensive contribution of Glen Taylor.

we can’t shoot. Big East play puts your flaws under the microscope like nothing else

Not having Dingle is really hurting us. Especially end of game situations.

Alleyne is done. He couldn’t even move on the bench. Major injury.
Alleyne is not done. Ankle sprain according to Pitino

Completely disagree. Throwing the ball to Soriano and watching him take two dribbles on an assinine scale of 1-10 was an 11. After Soriano gets the ball, your options are limited. You get the ball to Jenkins on a fast inbounds he races down the court, drives into the lane to draw a foul or kick out for a better shot. Horrific last play.
blame Pitino then, as you seem to have all the answers.

He only took 4 shots. He did have 4 assists which led to 9 points and zero turnovers.
Obviously like most freshman, he has a learning curve. He has already helped win a few games. It is hard for him to be thrust into the fire like today w big minutes, but injuries required it. I thought he acquitted himself fine with four assists, a saving catch leading to bucket on bad pass and moving the ball. You can see he is a son of a coach and just needs to get stronger and work hard at practice and in offseason for nice role next year.

We almost beat Marquette twice last year including in the Big East Tournament

Unfortunately, I’m not giving this team any props for losing close games. St. John’s has been able to pull that off for years now.

Both this and the creighton game were right there. This sucks
when was the last time we won a game in the last seconds? Hardy is the only one I can think of.

Back