Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

I’m not sure we have the talent to get a signature win. More likely we have to really beat up on the bad teams and win some close games against teams in the middle.

We are at risk of being swept by 3-4 teams now.
We definitely have the talent to do it, but it’s not inevitable. It’ll take some breaks and some breakout performances for us

We only know one player isn’t clutch. Nobody else has even had a chance.
give it up will you, the play was designed for him, he missed. i understand your points, but the criticizing is incessant and he did shoot us back into the game. He is a 2 guard playing point and the best option that we have, wished we had a Kolek type guard, the reality is that we don't.

I’m not sure we have the talent to get a signature win. More likely we have to really beat up on the bad teams and win some close games against teams in the middle.

Exactly how I feel unfortunately

he barely got the shot off on time, so you wanted him to got to the hoop?

thought it was a great look of the time remaining, just didn't hit it.
No the whole play sucked. Soriano never should have had the ball. Quick pass to open Jenkins on the run

there’s no conceivable way to make the argument that the game was lost in the first 14 minutes of the second half when we:

1) had a FT attempt to tie from Jenkins - miss
2) 3pt from Jenkins for the lead - miss
3) 3pt from Luis for the lead - miss
4) 3pt from Ledlum for the lead - miss
5) 3pt from Jenkins for the win - miss

5 different opportunities to tie or take lead
Jack, they shot like 78% from the field in the first 14 minutes of the second half to take a 13 point lead. Most of those shots were either wide opens threes or uncontested drives to the basket off the pick and roll. Thats horrible defense. If we hold them to 50% shooting during that span, which still isn’t great , we win this game by 7 or 8 points.

Jack, they shot like 78% from the field in the first 14 minutes of the second half to take a 13 point lead. Most of those shots were either wide opens threes or uncontested drives to the basket off the pick and roll. Thats horrible defense. If we hold them to 50% shooting during that span, which still isn’t great , we win this game by 7 or 8 points.
Yea the defense was poor and they made a bunch of 3s. It was bad.

But it’s a 40 minute game. We clawed back and had multiple opportunities to win. Bottom line.

If you wanna play the hypothetical game, what if Marquette just shot 3/9 from 3 in the first half instead of 0/9? Suddenly much different story right?

Dunlap is 2-10 over last four games from three. He does do some semblance of small things on the court and hustles, I understand why Pitino loves him. I do think we have to set him up for better looks. His shooting is an x-factor for us, but the only way he can be activated is by coming off a screen or kick out
I’ve been impressed with the other things he’s done. He’s an automatic backdoor layup per game. He passes very well. Handles a bit.

The shooting is not great but we don’t have a PG to set him up. I don’t think he gets many great looks.

I could see him being a killer in a few years if I squint.

Let's take a deep breath last year we never had a chance at anything . This year we are competitive almost beat creighton and Marquette two ranked teams it's a fun year and games are enjoyable year one that's all I ask . Remember this team was built within 3 weeks just remember that

Agreed and that’s not good enough to get us in the tournament. We need two wins in the six games against UConn, Marquette and Creighton.

I’ve been impressed with the other things he’s done. He’s an automatic backdoor layup per game. He passes very well. Handles a bit.

The shooting is not great but we don’t have a PG to set him up. I don’t think he gets many great looks.

I could see him being a killer in a few years if I squint.
It’s a credit to him now that he’s still not a net negative on the court with his shot not falling. It’s wish we would try to get him going again it’s more intention

Let's take a deep breath last year we never had a chance at anything . This year we are competitive almost beat creighton and Marquette two ranked teams it's a fun year and games are enjoyable year one that's all I ask . Remember this team was built within 3 weeks just remember that
We almost beat Marquette twice last year including in the Big East Tournament

Unfortunately, I’m not giving this team any props for losing close games. St. John’s has been able to pull that off for years now.

Both this and the creighton game were right there. This sucks

Back