Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

Just getting out, as an interested attendance person, I’ll say this was an awesome atmosphere and definitely felt like a home court advantage. Super fun time. Friends I came with who haven’t followed much this year both want to go to another one

Talk about the final possession all you want, this game was lost on the two possessions previous. Down by ONE, we attempted 3 different 3 pointers without ever attacking and putting pressure on the defense.

When you’re inbounding under your basket with 4 seconds left, getting a good look is a win. It just didn’t drop. But the two previous possessions are what haunt me from this one
Spot on, those 2 possessions were dreadful and they were in bonus. Shot selection & intelligent play is missing

Just getting out, as an interested attendance person, I’ll say this was an awesome atmosphere and definitely felt like a home court advantage. Super fun time. Friends I came with who haven’t followed much this year both want to go to another one
Sat next to some nice Marquette wasn’t cursing

Would have thought RP would have a better play than Jenkins shooting a 3 ? Soriano taking a dribble getting ball upcourt wasted a second .

5 th place in BE gets us into Tourney . Need to beat Butler at Butler , sweep Hoyas and DePaul and Nova at Home or X on the road . Beating PC at home is tough .

Rick needs to search everywhere for a shooter next season . Preferably from the portal that can score inside and out .
You make it sound like winning all those games will be easy. They will all be close games and so far we don’t fare well in close games. Also between injury and illness who knows what the hell else will happen to impede the development of this team.

Just walking out…couple quick observations

1. Best crowd atmosphere I can remember in a long long time. 85 pct FT shooter Kolek missinf 3 late FT is def partly due to the crowd and home court advantage

2. Taylor should have been in for Dunlap way more in second half. Needed D and there was no O coming out of Dunlap spot

3. We definitely missed Alleyne (and Dingle)

4. Wilcher best game yet - really ran the offense well in first half and let Jenkins rest

5. Need to start winning some of these close ones against top teams but we’re right there. I expect we turn the corner soon.

This game is more disappointing than Creighton, especially at home.

It’s unbelievable the impact Pitino has on this team. I’m so excited to see Zuby’s development the next two years here. Luis showed his potential today. Next year he can be first team all-Big East.

Hopefully we can look back at these couple of games and see them as lessons when we close out big games in March.

Biggest problem was the screen and roll. Game changed when Taylor guarded Kolek. Jenkins was guarding him too long on second half.
Jenkins is the worst pick and roll defender on the team. He’s even worse than Soriano. 4 different players scored on him due to his slow switches in a row when Marquette went up 11.

This game is more disappointing than Creighton, especially at home.

It’s unbelievable the impact Pitino has on this team. I’m so excited to see Zuby’s development the next two years here. Luis showed his potential today. Next year he can be first team all-Big East.

Hopefully we can look back at these couple of games and see them as lessons when we close out big games in March.
I agree we have a hell of a schedule and each game except the hall one we were in it

Putting the X’s and O’s aside for a second, the fact that we’ve now lost 2 of our last 3 games by 1 point in excruciating fashion is just unreal. We need a break from the basketball gods

Just walking out…couple quick observations

1. Best crowd atmosphere I can remember in a long long time. 85 pct FT shooter Kolek missinf 3 late FT is def partly due to the crowd and home court advantage

2. Taylor should have been in for Dunlap way more in second half. Needed D and there was no O coming out of Dunlap spot

3. We definitely missed Alleyne (and Dingle)

4. Wilcher best game yet - really ran the offense well in first half and let Jenkins rest

5. Need to start winning some of these close ones against top teams but we’re right there. I expect we turn the corner soon.
Hate the loss but like everything about this summary. It hurts right now but we're heading the right direction.

A contested three with 1.5 seconds left on the clock? Are you high?
We were down one with 4.3 seconds left, which is an eternity. Have five ballhandlers/shooters on the court, get the ball to any one of them, and drive it! Get fouled! Anything but what they did.
Drive it and get fouled? I think you might be the one who’s high. We had to go the length of the court and unfortunately tyus Edney is out of eligibility.

Signature wins so important in BE play. Between ranked UConn, Creighton and M’Q we are 0 & 3. Avoiding a sweep to each something to avoid, but challenging the way all three play offensively.

Back