Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

Pitino postgame presser included in recap.

Thanks for this. Nice job by coach in the presser. I have no complaints with shot Daniss had to win it - just didn't go in. Wasn't crazy about Ledlum's corner three though.

They are 2 all time greats at SJU. Clutch shot makers.

Dwight Hardy too.

And Hatten may have been the best of the all given lack of talent around him
All of those mentioned are elite players . They proved that time and time again during their careers .

I believe the man who revolutionized the 3 point shot in college basketball realizes that and will get them in time.

They will be lining up In the transfer portal to play for him this April

And this year he can be selective in who fits his system best. Will not have to add a whole roster on the fly.

Am I being too optimistic in thinking that Jordan Dingle is going to come back and do his best Aaron Wheeler impersonation for the rest of the season?

Because I have it on good authority that that's exactly what's going to happen.
I don’t believe that the NCAA will give Dingle another year, not that he would take it anyway.

I don’t believe that the NCAA will give Dingle another year, not that he would take it anyway.
Main Man is not talking about Dingle getting another year. Aaron Wheeler (my guy) made his turnaround in January of his last year for us.

Strength is a big one, today Mitchell sent him flying while driving to the hoop, and last game the same thing happened.
Sure, adjusting to BE is a leap for most recruits. Everyone should remember that when they pencil in Jaiden Glover for 10 points & 5 rebounds a game as a Frosh. SJ fans canonize new guys w the best of them & set ourselves up for disappointment.

Not “fascinated” by him and think he is still developing. Just saying he was thrust into big minutes by Rick because we were down two guards & did ok, net of his cold outside shooting. He was not reason we lost today. I prefer modest minutes for him myself, but Rick decides that.
the noise at MSG today reminded me of the old days or at last back to Dwight Hardy

You’re right. Joel Soriano was just too quick to handle and broke free then found a wide open Jenkins standing on the 3 pt line because of a defensive lapse. Marquette was powerless!

It had nothing to do with forcing the ball to a center that never has the ball in his hands at that part of the court and playing off a 30% 3 pt shooter in a one point game.

Nope. Marquette was just going to take what we shoved down their throats.

Every coach in America wants a 3 pointer from a guy who is shooting 30% when they are down 1.
There were four seconds left and we had to go the length of the court. Of course a Jenkins three is not our first option if we can run our stuff with time on the clock. But with four seconds left that was a tremendous look from someone who can hit the shot. If we were in that situation ten times, I’m not sure we’d get a better look.

Respectfully disagree. Not sure if you are at the providence game that one was disgraceful for fans but this one was rocking
Did not attend the Providence game. Had my kids with me and was telling them about the days when I was in school coming to the Garden and watch the old SJU/Georgetown/Syracus games and felt like the roof was lifted from the noise. May have been me but I didn’t get that feeling like back then when the crowd was chanting defense on every possession.

Completely disagree. Throwing the ball to Soriano and watching him take two dribbles on an assinine scale of 1-10 was an 11. After Soriano gets the ball, your options are limited. You get the ball to Jenkins on a fast inbounds he races down the court, drives into the lane to draw a foul or kick out for a better shot. Horrific last play.
To be clear, I wouldn’t have designed it for Soriano to handle the ball with four seconds left, but it worked out well for us and Jenkins got a good clean look. Some of you guys are acting like there were 10 second left and we were inbounding the ball at half court.

Back