Knicks

Boatload of first round draft picks, Randle and multiple role players like McBride and Robinson is way too much to give up.
I think some of those like McBride/Robinson are either ors. I am generally not in favor of shaking up the team, but if we could get Booker for Randle, a couple of draft picks and Deuce, I would pull the trigger.

Boatload of first round draft picks, Randle and multiple role players like McBride and Robinson is way too much to give up.
Agreed, comes under the heading of “watch what you wish for” as far as I’m concerned.

A backcourt of Brunson and Booker?
Oh man.
I forget which pundit (think it was KG) - was saying with the guys the Knicks have right now- we have a "Culture" of toughness/grittiness right now- that as a fan- i dont wanna mess with...

As talented as Booker is- i dont think he fits that... Always remember the video of him complaining about being "double-teamed" in a pick-up game and Joakim calling him out on it lol...

I want some dogs that fit with this pack

Oh, I don't think Thibs can be criticized enough for this.

Full disclosure: I've never been a fan, so I probably have no credibility.

He comes across as another coach who, IMO, is too obsessed with the defensive side of play, that offense looks totally neglected at times. He also buries quality players like Burks, for this reason (he was never going to be an Obi Toppen fan, for this reason as well, and Toppin had his moments in this series). At the very least, maybe he can bring in an assistant who can help with the offense?

I'm fine with the practices being as intense as they are (reportedly), but do they have to be 3 hours long for the whole season? Maybe shorten them, length-wise, as the season goes on? I know the players are making a lot of money, but the human body can only give so much. I'm also worried about how the players will respond next year, when he goes into this mode again (because it's not a question of if he will). After the injuries suffered, guys might be a little more reluctant to go through a wall all the time.

They play so hard every game, that come playoffs, when everyone else turns it up a notch, they can't get themselves up any more than they already are. That was, IMO, a reason for all of these injuries.

This team was molded in his image, and if anything, that shows me that Thibs coached teams only have so high of a ceiling.

Personally, I'd make a change (actually, I wouldn't have hired him in the first place), although I'd be lying if I said I had a candidate to take over, though I don't follow the NBA coaching circle that closely.

Wow, 7 paragraphs of Thibs hate of which I agree with absolutely none of. 🤣.

My full disclosure is I wanted the Knicks to hire him forever, no idea what took them so long.

Wow, 7 paragraphs of Thibs hate of which I agree with absolutely none of. 🤣.

My full disclosure is I wanted the Knicks to hire him forever, no idea what took them so long.
lawman and this law school grad agree on this one. TT is defensive minded and old school, just like the Coach who got two Knick squads to the Title: Red Holzman. Liked minded with Pat Riley and Jeff Van
Gundy too. Pretty good company to keep.

lawman and this law school grad agree on this one. TT is defensive minded and old school, just like the Coach who got two Knick squads to the Title: Red Holzman. Liked minded with Pat Riley and Jeff Van
Gundy too. Pretty good company to keep.
Funny thing is, Riley didn't have that rep when he came here. He was known for the Showtime Lakers, and there were questions if the Knicks could handle his running style. I give Riley credit for realizing he didn't have that here, and adjusting accordingly.

Looking back now, he is probably more like the personality his Knicks (and Heat) teams had, so he may have actually made his adjustment with Lakers, but I admire it either way. It wasn't a "forget everything you've learned in the past, you're playing my way now" philosophy.

I have an admitted aversion to coaches who seem to only talk about defense, and who seem to be content with losing, as long as the team plays well defensively. I'm not saying Tibs is that, but that's how it comes across sometimes.

Back