Knicks

Not sure how much better they gotta get, I could see these guys taking the Celtics to a game 7.
Don't know if they would have won a game 7 in Boston, but if no injuries they would have been really close to getting to the NBA Finals this year.

Not sure how much better they gotta get, I could see these guys taking the Celtics to a game 7.
Don't know if they would have won a game 7 in Boston, but if no injuries they would have been really close to getting to the NBA Finals this year.
They will get better because they have some flexibility and competent people in charge. The most impressive thing about Rose is the methodical way he built the roster. He did not go for an immediate splash. Rose saw the NBA moving away from teams using three superstars and a bunch of role players. Plus, this team has an identity and a culture. They sacrifice for one another.

Of course you still need the guys who can break down a defender one-on-one, but there is much more emphasis on shooting and balanced depth.

Having said that, Rose has put the Knicks in a position to add another superstar. I am sure he will try to get one. If not, he can make a less expensive move and look for a stretch 5. Whatever it is, the Knicks will be better and hungrier next year.

They will get better because they have some flexibility and competent people in charge. The most impressive thing about Rose is the methodical way he built the roster. He did not go for an immediate splash. Rose saw the NBA moving away from teams using three superstars and a bunch of role players. Plus, this team has an identity and a culture. They sacrifice for one another.

Of course you still need the guys who can break down a defender one-on-one, but there is much more emphasis on shooting and balanced depth.

Having said that, Rose has put the Knicks in a position to add another superstar. I am sure he will try to get one. If not, he can make a less expensive move and look for a stretch 5. Whatever it is, the Knicks will be better and hungrier next year.

"The organization is still targeting the upcoming summer as the time to trade for the next big name, league sources tell The Athletic. Randle can become a free agent in 2025 and will be due for a raise then, as can Brunson, who is eligible for an extension this summer but could make more money by waiting until 2025 free agency to sign a new contract.

A year from now, the Knicks will become more expensive. Financially, and with the current collective bargaining agreement, this summer is the time for a star trade.

New York has loads of draft picks. It owns all of its first-rounders moving forward, has the Dallas Mavericks’ selection in this summer’s draft and three future, protected ones belonging to other teams. It has tradeable contracts. The encouraging part of this season wasn’t just that the Knicks won; it was that they won while their front office prepared them for 2025 and beyond as well as any other could have.

It’s not clear who that star will be. Even the Knicks do not know. They are counting on one universal truth: In the NBA, someone unexpected always becomes available."

As soon as the portal closes, another opens....

They may be a better team without Randle than with, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shop him as part of a blockbuster trade.

They may be a better team without Randle than with, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shop him as part of a blockbuster trade.
They very well might be. My argument this whole time was the Knicks were a better team with him this year, and a threat to win it all.

this took up a lot of air-time in the group chats the past week. Lineup if** Healthy:
-Brunson
-Donte
-OG
-Randle
-Mitch
Bench: Hart / iHart/ Deuce/ Bogi / Burks / Precious

Man... what could have been....

this took up a lot of air-time in the group chats the past week. Lineup if** Healthy:
-Brunson
-Donte
-OG
-Randle
-Mitch
Bench: Hart / iHart/ Deuce/ Bogi / Burks / Precious

Man... what could have been....
I just love love love Hart as the heart and soul of the team - no pun intended. He just does all the stuff really great teams need. Gets his hands dirty, rebounds like mad, plays defense, and scores enough. Brunson of course was amazing, but Donte broke through as an elite player also.

That roster is in the semifinals now and challenging for the NBA title.

So should the Knicks sign OG to a max contract and pretty much leave everything else intact?

I'm actually fine with that (although I may have buyer's remorse if OG is only playing 2/3rds of his games)

So should the Knicks sign OG to a max contract and pretty much leave everything else intact?

I'm actually fine with that (although I may have buyer's remorse if OG is only playing 2/3rds of his games)
run it back with the same roster and then sign Mitchell next summer when he opts out. He wants to be here I know he does

I am in on OG. The Knicks are not going to find someone like him available.

Also, I am good if OG only plays 2/3 of the games, as long as the games he participates include the playoffs.

Assuming OG opts out of 24/25 final year- expected,
And assuming he’s getting minimum 25 mil & possibly close to 35m,
Will teams over the cap be able to sign him, or is he limited
To Knicks & teams under the cap ( not counting sign & trades) ?

Knicks have bird rights allowing them to go above cap ?

Somebody did, he was the 17th pick the year he came out.
MVP of the National Championship Game that year. Read an article last week that he was a high school phenom in Delaware and when he was committing to Nova it made Jalen think twice about whether they could co-exist there but they immediately hit it off. I think he had some injury issues at the beginning of his Nova career.

MVP of the National Championship Game that year. Read an article last week that he was a high school phenom in Delaware and when he was committing to Nova it made Jalen think twice about whether they could co-exist there but they immediately hit it off. I think he had some injury issues at the beginning of his Nova career.
Donte was State H.S. Champ and Mr. Basketball for Delaware, not too far from Nova.

Back