Knicks

Team looks out of gas.
They were understana
No! They just ran out of players. Gutsiest performance by a losing team in a very long time. Randle, Bogdonavic, Robinson, Anunoby, and finally Hart and Brunson. Still they almost overcame all of that. RESPECT.
Exactly. If they ran out of gas, pretty understandable

Love that response. What an effing gamer Brunson is. Keep.in mind Indiana shot a playoff record 67% in order to beat a decimated Knick squad. Donte crushed it, Burks played great, Hart gutted through an injury.

Warriors.
Rarely been more proud of a team I root for in 60 years plus of rooting for Knicks & Johnnies. Only positive feelings and optimism.

Good season but nothing beyond that. The player quotes echo this.

Last year they had a gift in the 8 seeded Heat in the 2nd round. This year they got an inexperienced Pacers group and didn’t get the job done.

The level of attrition was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Thibs reputation preceded itself once again.

Trade Randle and the trove of picks for an Anthony Davis type. The foundation is there but some changes need to be made.

I look at this season as an overall success given the injuries. Most importantly very optimistic about the future
I get what you'r saying, but with the Knicks it's always: "optimistic about the future" with the Knicks.
I'm sure the same was said in the early 90s when Riley was coach, then Jordan quit for 2 years (that was supposed to be our chance), and we still could win a championship.

This year they had a great team especially at the end of regular season but then injured happen in the playoffs, same damn thing could happen next year in the playoffs.

I'm not pissed at the Knicks, just pissed that even when they have a damn good team, something will happen to screw it all up.

Hope the front office keeps this core together and doesn't pull a Checketts in 92 when the Knicks took the Bulls to the brink in Riley's first season only to let X go and then trade Mark Jackson for Charles Smith.

Not sure what you mean by this, but if it is what I think it is (criticism of Thibs) it's unnecessary and very arguably untrue.
Oh, I don't think Thibs can be criticized enough for this.

Full disclosure: I've never been a fan, so I probably have no credibility.

He comes across as another coach who, IMO, is too obsessed with the defensive side of play, that offense looks totally neglected at times. He also buries quality players like Burks, for this reason (he was never going to be an Obi Toppen fan, for this reason as well, and Toppin had his moments in this series). At the very least, maybe he can bring in an assistant who can help with the offense?

I'm fine with the practices being as intense as they are (reportedly), but do they have to be 3 hours long for the whole season? Maybe shorten them, length-wise, as the season goes on? I know the players are making a lot of money, but the human body can only give so much. I'm also worried about how the players will respond next year, when he goes into this mode again (because it's not a question of if he will). After the injuries suffered, guys might be a little more reluctant to go through a wall all the time.

They play so hard every game, that come playoffs, when everyone else turns it up a notch, they can't get themselves up any more than they already are. That was, IMO, a reason for all of these injuries.

This team was molded in his image, and if anything, that shows me that Thibs coached teams only have so high of a ceiling.

Personally, I'd make a change (actually, I wouldn't have hired him in the first place), although I'd be lying if I said I had a candidate to take over, though I don't follow the NBA coaching circle that closely.

Last edited:
Knicks have two picks in the first round this year it’d be nice to perhaps hit on one of those to get another rotational piece. I guess we will see what happens with Hartenstein. Will be an interesting offseason

This resembles the Knick roster by the third quarter today.

200w.gif

Still, can't help but be proud of the grit, heart and fight in this team. I have never seen a team get this decimated in a series injury wise, but they fought until the end. I have hope with this front office that they will make sound decisions in the offseason to make the team better going into next season.

Back