Knicks

MainMan

2023 $upporter
A year after a disappointing season, we return pretty much the same team plus a significant upgrade at PG in our old buddy Jalen Brunson.

We appear to have good depth especially with our young players being the core of the second squad: Obi, IQ, Grimes, Deuce.

Hopefully we get a leap from RJ, less ball hogging from Randall, improvement from the young bucks and clear substitution patterns from Tibs.

So what does that add up to? Where do you think the Knicks go this season?

So what does that add up to? Where do you think the Knicks go this season?
Good summary. We'll see if young guys make the leap under the stewardship of Brunsona and coaching. Randall is both an asset and a problem. If the young guys step up, maybe Randall falls in line. It's very hard to guess.

Does any know how many wins the Vegas books have the Knicks winning? That's probably the best way barometer in terms of assessing if they meet or fail expecations.

MM remind me again who Duece is? Let’s just say they won’t be setting any records this season. A lot depends on Randall. Do we get last season’s Randall or two years ago’s version of him?

MM remind me again who Duece is? Let’s just say they won’t be setting any records this season. A lot depends on Randall. Do we get last season’s Randall or two years ago’s version of him?

Myles "Deuce" McBride who should be the backup PG. 2nd year player. Very promising.

Last edited:
I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to Knicks & Johnnies so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. I think if Randle reverts to form of 2 years ago and plays with the right mindset, Knicks can finish with lower level playoff spot (7th or 8th). I love Brunson, believe Barrett will continue to move forward and also think Hartenstein will be a nice surprise giving us a strong two man center rotation. As MM says, our second unit with Quickley, Toppin, Hartenstein, Rose/McBride and Grimes will be a nice change of pace from starters. Ideally Grimes will wind replacing Fournier as the starting two. Randle needs to play less of a ball dominant role with Brunson running the offense, stay positive, rebound, play defense and score down low.

Myles "Deuce" McBride who should be the backup PG. 2nd year player. Very promising.
Thanks I know him and have liked his game just don’t remember him being referred to as Duece as it was a long off season for the Knicks or maybe it was my mind defending itself against the memories of a prior St John’s coach with the same moniker 😂

The ball hogging from Randle doesn't help. I like the young core of players.

Paultzman wrote:
Finally have a PG
Totally agree and also think we are set at the small forward and center positions. Shooting guard and Power forward still a bit questionable imho.

The team is pretty deep with some good young players. Hopefully we can develop the younger players and eventually cash in on some of those restricted draft picks we acquired this year.

Nice article on Grimes and how much he figures in Knicks long term plans.

I look forward to the day Grimes replaces Fournier. Can't happen soon enough.

If the Knicks want a shot at success over the next several seasons, play the kids.

If they want sustained mediocrity, play the veterans.

Last edited:
Not gonna see less Randle but will see a lot more of Obi as well.

Obi is our only hope....
Doesn’t seem like thibs wants to play either at the center for extended minutes so it might still be an either/or scenario between the two of them.

Doesn’t seem like thibs wants to play either at the center for extended minutes so it might still be an either/or scenario between the two of them.
Exactly.. Randle plays 30 mins.. Obi is getting 18. It was always evenly split which drove me nuts.. which is why I go back to less Randle which equals more Obi.

Back