Homeland And All Things Maher

Just watched the “Socks are Important” episode and, wow, freaking intense. Having two daughters myself, the episode hits home and hard. And, Gary saves the day, good to see him get a big moment. Jesus, Ray is just super intense and super calm all at once.

The David Chase Sopranos documentary interview thing on HBO now is pretty interesting

So…done with Mr. Inbetween and have to say I’m happy to have watched. Is it one of the best shows I’ve ever watched? No. But, very engrossing, and, yes, emotional at times. I have to say I enjoyed the 2nd season the most. 3rd season was great too, but some of it felt like filler and then the last few episodes felt rushed. Thank you mase, I will echo its praises to whoever wants to listen to me.

Threw a curve ball, started watching Dark on Netflix. Heard good things and the first two episodes are interesting to say the least. Watching it dubbed is kinda weird, I hope nothing (literally) gets lost in translation. Definitely a Stranger Things/Chernobyl/David Lynch vibe.

Also, watched the first three episodes of City of God: the Fight Rages On and it’s pretty good. Nothing will ever live up to the movie, it’s one of my favorites, but good and made me jump a few times. I am watching this in Portuguese with subtitles because it felt too weird to watch dubbed. I guess Max is releasing episodes on Sundays.

Homicide: Life on the Street on Peacock was great when new. Looking forward to re-watching.
On my list of all-time favorites. Was must-watch TV in our household in the 1990s. Weird to re-watch it now and see cops functioning without cell phones and other modern tools.

Has anyone seen this show Shogun that won a bunch of Emmy's tonight ?
I saw it. It was good. It's on Hulu with options to dub the Japanese, and there is a podcast posted, if you want clarifications on the storyline or the production.

Back