Homeland And All Things Maher

Finally started Mr. Robot and what a pilot episode. One of the best I think I’ve ever scene. Just, instantly drawn in by the subject matter and the characters, especially Rami Malek of course. First two episodes are great, I’m excited about watching this.

Anybody Watch Sunny on Apple TV. Rysheda Jones (The Office) and it's set in Japan and involves robots. My wife and daughter like it, me, meh, anyone else see it?

Anybody Watch Sunny on Apple TV. Rysheda Jones (The Office) and it's set in Japan and involves robots. My wife and daughter like it, me, meh, anyone else see it?

Yeah, I'm watching that. It's very funny. Especially the robot. Interested to see where it goes.

Finally started Mr. Robot and what a pilot episode. One of the best I think I’ve ever scene. Just, instantly drawn in by the subject matter and the characters, especially Rami Malek of course. First two episodes are great, I’m excited about watching this.
After a few extremely intense episodes of Mr. Robot mid-season 3 just watched don’t-delete-me and, what a beautiful episode. This is a fantastic show.

Well, I’m done with Mr. Robot and I’m absolutely having withdrawals. What a show, an absolute streak of like 8 or 9 episodes in a row that were edge of your seat, Breaking Bad-esque, type drama between seasons 3 and 4. Highly, highly recommend to anyone. It goes dark places and has a ton of twists. And, season 4, episode 7 is the goods. I’ve seen it on a bunch of those Twitter “best episodes ever” lists and it is certainly worthy of it.

What’s next, is my question to you all. I’ve got three shows I’m thinking: The Americans or Snowfall (they are both long and I’d have to watch commercials) or Severance (which is only one season and no commercials). Time doesn’t really matter to me, just looking for the next show to binge. Looking at possibly Boardwalk Empire too…

Last edited:
Well, I’m done with Mr. Robot and I’m absolutely having withdrawals. What a show, an absolute streak of like 8 or 9 episodes in a row that were edge of your seat, Breaking Bad-esque, type drama between seasons 3 and 4. Highly, highly recommend to anyone. It goes dark places and has a ton of twists. And, season 4, episode 7 is the goods. I’ve seen it on a bunch of those Twitter “best episodes ever” lists and it is certainly worthy of it.

What’s next, is my question to you all. I’ve got three shows I’m thinking: The Americans or Snowfall (they are both long and I’d have to watch commercials) or Severance (which is only one season and no commercials). Time doesn’t really matter to me, just looking for the next show to binge. Looking at possibly Boardwalk Empire too…
I loved the Americans

I really liked Severance. And if you binge now you get to rest before season 2 early next year.

I tried to watch the Americans but it couldn't hold my interest after a few episodes.

I’m tellin ya, stay with the Mr. theme and go with Mr. Inbetween on Hulu.

LOL, you know what, I was just looking at that show like 5 minutes ago, show #150 out of IMDB’s top 250. Sounds good and 26 episodes is kinda tidy. Gangs of London too, I was looking at.
Just for you I’m gonna watch episode 1 of Mr robot tonight

I’m tellin ya, stay with the Mr. theme and go with Mr. Inbetween on Hulu.
Speaking of Mr. Themes is has anyone watched Mr. Throwback the mockumentary with Adam Pally and Steph Curry yet? Any feedback? I'm a batchelor this weekend might be a good binge. We watched 5 minutes and my wife said to many inside sports jokes for her. I kept having to pause to explain.

Ok. Done with season one. Welcomed change of pace after all the emotional gut punch stuff I’ve been watching. How can you not love the main character?? Thank you, definitely looking forward to the rest.
Ray is one of my all time favorite characters. And it’s a rather simple role, he kills it.

I’m 4 episodes into Mr. Robot and loving it

Be patient with Severence and you will be rewarded.

The season finale is one of the single best episodes of television I've watched in years.

Be patient with Severence and you will be rewarded.

The season finale is one of the single best episodes of television I've watched in years.
Yes, I’ve seen episode 9 on many “best episode” lists on Twitter. Big reason why I watched The Leftovers (International Assassin), Atlanta (Teddy Perkins) and BoJack (too many to list, haha). I just watched the San Jacinto ep of Black Mirror too for the same reason although, it did not live up to the hype for me.

The funny thing I found “I Live Here Now” and “Book of Nora” to be my favorites of The Leftovers and I absolutely loved “FUBU” from Atlanta. “The Old Sugarman Place” and “Time’s Arrow” from BoJack were insanely sad and “Free Churro” was incredibly triggering (if you have a complicated relationship with your mother especially) but “The View From Halfway Down” really messes you up. I couldn’t believe how much a show about an animated horse screwed with my head. lol, there are definitely some clunkers mixed in, but the good ones are memorable.

Just for some context though: the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe is my favorite. I’ll put the last two seasons of BCS up against anything on BB. Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould can do no wrong imo. Bob Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn and even Michael McKean don’t win anything goes to show you how stupid these awards shows are. Odenkirk basically played 3 different characters for Christ’s sake.

Last edited:
Back