Homeland And All Things Maher

Two episodes into season 3 of the Bear. After loving the first two seasons I am very unimpressed with this season.
As can happen with great shows, Season 3 feels a little self-indulgent. We still rolled through it on a crazy two-day binge, but didn't have the same impact of the first two seasons. A couple of very strong episodes, mostly meh, and a couple of head-scratchers.

As can happen with great shows, Season 3 feels a little self-indulgent. We still rolled through it on a crazy two-day binge, but didn't have the same impact of the first two seasons. A couple of very strong episodes, mostly meh, and a couple of head-scratchers.
Completed the season and it was very disappointing

What an episode. Pour one out for Meleys and the Queen that never was.
Former Monster GOT Fan- nerd who read all the books after the Original Season 1.... highly recommend for anyone that hasnt... first 5 seasons did the books justice.... I lost all respect for the show in the Final season.... terrible... and GRM will likely pass before he finishes writing Winds of Winter...

anywho....

What u think of it so far...? I need me some Daemon fight scenes.... hes the best actor they got... let him loose!... like having Vick in there and containing him to the Pocket....

Decent Dragon v Dragon scene... not sure what i was expecting... Aemond mean to do that to Aegon? Where is that beast of a Dragon Daemon was seen talking to in Season 1.... need to let her out.

Former Monster GOT Fan- nerd who read all the books after the Original Season 1.... highly recommend for anyone that hasnt... first 5 seasons did the books justice.... I lost all respect for the show in the Final season.... terrible... and GRM will likely pass before he finishes writing Winds of Winter...

anywho....

What u think of it so far...? I need me some Daemon fight scenes.... hes the best actor they got... let him loose!... like having Vick in there and containing him to the Pocket....

Decent Dragon v Dragon scene... not sure what i was expecting... Aemond mean to do that to Aegon? Where is that beast of a Dragon Daemon was seen talking to in Season 1.... need to let her out.

Haven’t read any of the books. The end of GOT was disappointing but overall it was still an epic series.

Regarding HOTD, Daemon is too overpowering, so they needed something to balance the scales by having him go through Tony Soprano dream sequences.
Hopefully it won’t be long for him to get past that.

We finally saw a peak at the dance of the dragons. Aemond knows he’s next in line and how incompetent Aegon is as king. An opportunity was there for him and he took it.
I don’t think Aegon is quite dead yet.

A head up battle between Daemon and Aemond is what everyone is waiting for. This war just escalated and the remainder of the season is going to be glorious.

Two episodes into season 3 of the Bear. After loving the first two seasons I am very unimpressed with this season.
Agree Amase, now three or four episodes in and mostly meh, it got better in episode 4, but

1. too many flashbacks
2. way too many close ups of faces
3. too many cut-to's, or whatever you call, a montage of similar video cuts
4. acting and writing more forced than seasons 1 and 3, even the shouting and fighting seems put-on
5. Nothing will ever live up to the Fishes Christmas episode (Sopranos-esque)
6. Worse dialog so far, dad to daughter looking at an expensive apartment: "Dad, tell me what you really think of the apartment I'm looking to rent?", Dad to daughter: "These walls are thin, too thin, about as thin as those promises in you [restautant] Partnership Agreement". UGH

Season 6 of Cobra Kai has dropped, Unlike previous seasons, the sixth season will be released in three parts of five episodes each, the first of which was released on July 18. Part 2 is set to drop on Thanksgiving with Part 3 in early 2025.

Part 1 is as campy as ever but I have come this far, so I need to see how Johnny Lawrence turns out.

Season 6 of Cobra Kai has dropped, Unlike previous seasons, the sixth season will be released in three parts of five episodes each, the first of which was released on July 18. Part 2 is set to drop on Thanksgiving with Part 3 in early 2025.

Part 1 is as campy as ever but I have come this far, so I need to see how Johnny Lawrence turns out.

Still one of the best streaming concepts ever, and the execution in the first few seasons was flawless.

Last season felt like it recycled some plot points and character arcs. Hope the last season goes out with a bang/kick.

Second part of the Bear Season 3 picked up over the first part, except didn't need an entire episode solely on Bear's sister's labor and delivery.....too much. I felt like it was a tour de force to get Jamie Lee Curtis an Emmy nomination.

Been watching BoJack Horseman and although the episodes are (extremely) hit or miss for me (I just finished season 4) the hits are amazing. Like, I don’t know how an animated show can land some of the gut punches it does. Especially right at the end of some of these episodes. Some of the best tv I’ve now watched is about an animated horse. Go figure.

I’m in Pennsylvania for client meetings and while they orobsnkt have them in New York I just had cookie from a place called krumbl. It’s life changing best cookies 🍪 ( the chocolate chip ones I’ve ever had )

Attachments

• IMG_8254.jpeg
    IMG_8254.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8255.jpeg
    IMG_8255.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Quite a few crumbl stores in NC in bigger cities and suburbs. Closest one to me is about 10 miles away. Only had it once and thought it was very good. My daughter loves them and has one near her college.

I’m in Pennsylvania for client meetings and while they orobsnkt have them in New York I just had cookie from a place called krumbl. It’s life changing best cookies 🍪 ( the chocolate chip ones I’ve ever had )
Forgive the spelling my fingers weee covered in melting chocolate chips 😀

Back