Homeland And All Things Maher

I'm sure they're good.

But just go here next time you're in Manhattan or Astoria and you'll never eat a cookie from anywhere else again:

They opened one in LA kast year. Getting good press. Opening a 2nd soon near me in Venice.

I’m in Pennsylvania for client meetings and while they orobsnkt have them in New York I just had cookie from a place called krumbl. It’s life changing best cookies 🍪 ( the chocolate chip ones I’ve ever had )
I don't eat sweets much but I could easily eat a dozen of the peanut butter and jelly cookies from here. https://taylorchip.com/. Warm them in the oven. Outrageous.

Peaky Blinders update. Finished season 4 - aka the season where they duel the Italians and Luca Changretta (played phenomenally by Adrien Brody)

Felt this season was thrilling and memorable, but I did begin to become a little bored of the same old style these seasons seem to repeat. The show always nails their finales but also falls a little too hard into always building towards the finale, it can make other episodes feel hollow at times. But nonetheless I felt S4 was well executed.

Watched the season 5 premiere last night, which was centered around Black Tuesday and the stock market crash. I have read online that many fans felt the shift into politics for Tommy Shelby soured them on the show, but for me this episode was a breath of fresh air. The same old antics were getting tiresome. Am excited to see where this season goes, but was also saddened to find out that Helen McCrory (actress who plays Polly) passed away during filming of season 6. Her presence will be missed in the upcoming film

Also getting another spinoff next year. “A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms” Timeline is 72 yrs after HOTD and 100 yrs before GoT. Makes the wait for Season 3 less excruciating.

Peaky Blinders update. Finished season 4 - aka the season where they duel the Italians and Luca Changretta (played phenomenally by Adrien Brody)

Felt this season was thrilling and memorable, but I did begin to become a little bored of the same old style these seasons seem to repeat. The show always nails their finales but also falls a little too hard into always building towards the finale, it can make other episodes feel hollow at times. But nonetheless I felt S4 was well executed.

Watched the season 5 premiere last night, which was centered around Black Tuesday and the stock market crash. I have read online that many fans felt the shift into politics for Tommy Shelby soured them on the show, but for me this episode was a breath of fresh air. The same old antics were getting tiresome. Am excited to see where this season goes, but was also saddened to find out that Helen McCrory (actress who plays Polly) passed away during filming of season 6. Her presence will be missed in the upcoming film
The show had its (mostly) peaks and (a few) valleys but the death at the beginning of season 4 killed me more than any of them. Loved the character, but I give the show credit for taking bold steps like that. The three older Shelby brothers are all fantastic characters, I really gotta rewatch this.

Also getting another spinoff next year. “A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms” Timeline is 72 yrs after HOTD and 100 yrs before GoT. Makes the wait for Season 3 less excruciating.
I didn’t know that ! Awesome !

Now I’m just waiting for that monkey crazy documentary to come out. Haven’t seen Mullins Revenge I’m hoping he’s ok

Mr. Inbetween? Anybody?

I almost canceled my Hulu subscription after season 3 of the Bear but I thankfully gave this one a shot. Absolutely loved it. Only 26 1/2 hour episodes so a little upset I’m already done with it. In the same ballpark as HBO’s Barry but a bit different.

Been watching BoJack Horseman and although the episodes are (extremely) hit or miss for me (I just finished season 4) the hits are amazing. Like, I don’t know how an animated show can land some of the gut punches it does. Especially right at the end of some of these episodes. Some of the best tv I’ve now watched is about an animated horse. Go figure.
I finished this and just…what a devastating show at times. The Sugarman Place, Time’s Arrow, Showstopper, a Horse Walks into Rehab and especially The View from Halfway Down. Just deals with so much stuff, and so realistically. I’ll always consider the first 10 or so seasons of the Simpsons the best animation I’ve seen but this show is pretty next level.

I didn’t want to derail any of the threads about Paul and the celebrations of his life and this board but was hoping these donations were still gonna be happening next month. I’ve donated a small amount a month or two ago (I figured anything would help) but I’ve been off the grid most of the summer with family stuff (all good) and trips I’ve had to take, and want to donate more when money isn’t so tight. @mjmaherjr

Back