Homeland And All Things Maher

Billions made a real nice comeback last night setting up a very interesting few final episodes.
It coincided with minimizing the sports analogies.

It still is a bit weak that Kate told Prince about the plan to undermine him following a brief conversation she had with Wagner.

But I guess Chuck and Axe come full circle and become antiheroes in the end.

Oh man Axe is BACK ! Just saw tomorrow nights episode on demand

. What an ending to it !!

For Mike Maher: The Texas Rangers are back in the World Series after 12 years, and they will have food to celebrate the occasion for the sold out crowd. New exciting food items available to purchase at the concessions at Globe Life Field for Game 1 and 2 against the Arizona Diamondbacks include a $250 Lobster Roll Triple Play meal provided by Delaware North, the Texas Rangers food service and retail partner.

I was kind of excited to see the WWII-set "All The Light We Cannot See" on Netflix because it's one of my favorite novels of recent years.

I am now hate-watching it this weekend. It's one of the worst adaptations I have ever set my eyes on.

My favorite moment so far is when a character who in the book is so damaged from trench warfare of WWI that he hasn't left his home in years appears in the series riding a motorcycle and machine gunning Nazis.

With Veterans’ Day coming up, I think it’s a great time to rewatch Band of Brothers. The standard that should be the measure for all war films.

mjmaherjr not sure how he feels about the new “ true detective “ saw the first episode twice and an as confused as Mullin coaching

Season One was some of the best TV I've ever seen. And Matthew McConaughey's Rust Cohle was also one of the best characters. The dialogue alone between him and Woody Harrelson is amazing.

Season Two was bonkers - almost like a comic book - and nowhere near as good as Season One but the whole corrupt city neo-noir caper was better than some people give it credit.

Season Three was more like Season One with time jumps aplenty and kids going missing. It was good but felt like a softer Season One.

Have not yet watched the Season Four premiere but I'm looking forward to it.

Season One was some of the best TV I've ever seen. And Matthew McConaughey's Rust Cohle was also one of the best characters. The dialogue alone between him and Woody Harrelson is amazing.

Season Two was bonkers - almost like a comic book - and nowhere near as good as Season One but the whole corrupt city neo-noir caper was better than some people give it credit.

Season Three was more like Season One with time jumps aplenty and kids going missing. It was good but felt like a softer Season One.

Have not yet watched the Season Four premiere but I'm looking forward to it.
Agree with what you said about the first 3. I’m not going to up on this one I think it’s only 6 episodes but episode 1 felt like I had a slice of pizza with a different type of mushroom on it

Apparently ep 2 last night was awesome. Will watch when I get back from Hong Kong at the end of the week.

Agree with what you said about the first 3. I’m not going to up on this one I think it’s only 6 episodes but episode 1 felt like I had a slice of pizza with a different type of mushroom on it
You guys hit the nail on the head with the right comments about True Detective, right through this new season. Weird and getting weirder after watching Ep 2, I really like the Jodie Foster character, she is a fine actress. Her acting was superb especially in one particular scene in this latest Ep 2.

The season ending of this new Fargo season was especially good. Jon Hamm like you've never seen him before and Juno Temple is superb. I never thought much of Jennifer Jason Leigh, but in this new season of Fargo, she was excellent too. Dave Foley also. Great writing and acting, weird but that's because of the Coen Brothers influence. Musical choices interesting just like True Detective.

It is hard to watch network shows after watching these streaming shows, so much better content.

Hoping for some show recommendations...

After years of my wife pleading to watch TV with her, I committed to 1 hour per night of some type of series. Last series I had watched in full was Sopranos.

So over the last year or so, I ended up watching some good ones that I had heard about or read here

Billions
Ozark
Succession
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Americans
Righteous Gemstones
Vice Principals
Eastbound & Down
Squid Game

All of the above, I really liked. Generally a good drama or really good comedy..

I definitely don't like anything sci-fi or fantasy, romantic comedy, horror and not too much a fan of war, western or anything with a lot of British accents..

Any recommendations for good ones that might match what I've liked above?

Thx!

Last edited:
Back