Homeland And All Things Maher

I now know why I can't stand the Elvis guy who is in Masters of the Air

His mouth never completely closes. It really bothers me almost as much as Mullin sitting on the scorers table.

I absolutely loved “Yellowstone” I and was excited to see Taylor Sheriden’s prequels. I recently finished “1883” and was not disappointed. Gripping and beautiful told tale of how the Duttons first settled Montana.

I am now binging “1923” and cannot stop. Like “1883” the cinematography is wonderful and the character development is my favorite part (which is saying a lot because I am engrossed in this).

I think Westerns are the best genre of movies is done correctly. Between the landscape and the rough and tumble pioneers, it can take us back to a hardened time when a post game Pitino rant would have been viewed as “good morning”, then a little fight, and a handshake in the end (sorry, could not resist). 😀

Cannot wait to watch more.

Only thing getting me through this terrible SJU slide is I have tickets to see Dune: Part Two in IMAX this Sunday.

Dune Part One is in my top 5 films of all time, and I have been waiting for the follow up film to finish the adaptation of the book. I can hardly focus this week I am so amped.

Protect Timothee Chalamet GIF by Dune Movie

Only thing getting me through this terrible SJU slide is I have tickets to see Dune: Part Two in IMAX this Sunday.

Dune Part One is in my top 5 films of all time, and I have been waiting for the follow up film to finish the adaptation of the book. I can hardly focus this week I am so amped.

Not a movie guy much at all but is it based on the first Dune book? Thought it was great, pretty much meh on the sequels and dropped them pretty quickly.
Really enjoyed The White Plague by Frank Herbert, which is about a scientist who develops a disease in a lab that kills only females after his wife and daughter are killed by an IRA bomb. Released in the 80’s, the scientist releases the plague on the world by placing it on the monies of the world and watches it and its affect spread all over the globe.

Not a movie guy much at all but is it based on the first Dune book? Thought it was great, pretty much meh on the sequels and dropped them pretty quickly.
Really enjoyed The White Plague by Frank Herbert, which is about a scientist who develops a disease in a lab that kills only females after his wife and daughter are killed by an IRA bomb. Released in the 80’s, the scientist releases the plague on the world by placing it on the monies of the world and watches it and its affect spread all over the globe.
Dune Part One (2021) covers roughly the first half of the original Dune book.

Part two which comes out later this weekend, covers the second half of the first book.

I really recommend the first one to anyone who enjoys a really methodical/ slow burn type of political drama. Not only is the story really compelling, but the cinematography is also gorgeous

A lot of people I know call the first movie boring but I find it to be a masterpiece. The lore of Dune is so rich and they do a great job examining the danger of “messiah figures” in society

Dune Part One (2021) covers roughly the first half of the original Dune book.

Part two which comes out later this weekend, covers the second half of the first book.

I really recommend the first one to anyone who enjoys a really methodical/ slow burn type of political drama. Not only is the story really compelling, but the cinematography is also gorgeous

A lot of people I know call the first movie boring but I find it to be a masterpiece. The lore of Dune is so rich and they do a great job examining the danger of “messiah figures” in society
I hope it was better than the original movie, which was awful.

I plan to take a trip to Lexington,Ky for the end of the Keeneland meet. I have always wanted to go there as it seems like one of the nicest tracks in the country. I have been to Saratoga countless times and Del Mar. I am hoping this will match those experiences.

Anyway, I think I found a nice hotel but would love recommendations for restaurants, horse farm tours or anything else worth doing there.

I plan to take a trip to Lexington,Ky for the end of the Keeneland meet. I have always wanted to go there as it seems like one of the nicest tracks in the country. I have been to Saratoga countless times and Del Mar. I am hoping this will match those experiences.

Anyway, I think I found a nice hotel but would love recommendations for restaurants, horse farm tours or anything else worth doing there.
Kentucky Bourbon Ale factory. Don't remember much after that day but the beer was excellent :)

We went to this place after landing at the airport total country feel and loved it

Last edited:

Still not over this experience. Saw Dune Pt 2 in a packed IMAX theater and wow what a film. Dune parts 1 and 2 together combine to make a 5 hour epic adaptation of this book.

I am in awe of the cinematography work on this film. Breathtaking.

Maher after singing the SJU fight song until 3am at the Pikchu Pikchu Lounge in Peru had a run w the bouncers, but recovering 🙏View attachment 2230
LOL ! That was almost me yesterday after falling down a half a flight of volcanic stone stairs after breakfast yesterday ( sober ) practically breaking a leg

Attachments

• IMG_7344.jpeg
    IMG_7344.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7346.jpeg
    IMG_7346.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 23
LOL ! That was almost me yesterday after falling down a half a flight of volcanic stone stairs after breakfast yesterday ( sober ) practically breaking a leg
I think there's a conspiracy to take out St. John's fan before the BET: Some A-hole ran over my foot and broke it while I was crossing the street on Wednesday. The ER did not have the St. John's game on TV unfortunately.

I think there's a conspiracy to take out St. John's fan before the BET: Some A-hole ran over my foot and broke it while I was crossing the street on Wednesday. The ER did not have the St. John's game on TV unfortunately.
Ouch. Feel better.

Back