Homeland And All Things Maher

IMG_2878.jpeg
This the food thread? Finally got a Bake & Shark sammich from Trinciti Roti Shop in Richmond Hill. It was freaking amazing. Overpriced of course, but worth the try. Hell, I’d buy it again.

Can you break down the ingredients ?
If you go on their IG page they have videos that show the making of it but it’s basically some traditional Trinidad bread they make in-store, lettuce, tomato, red cabbage, pineapple slices and the fried shark. The sauce is a sweet but spicy sauce that leaves a bit of a satisfying burn. It’s tamarind, cilantro, mayo, red pepper, a bunch of stuff. Check out the IG page if you want exactly what’s in the sauce. Apparently the roti, oxtail and curry are great there too but I didn’t try it.

Last edited:
A fantastic show we are watching right now is " The Chosen ". About Jesus as an adult I think it's 3 seasons first one was on netflix season 2 amazon prime we are almost done with season 2. Really excellent show

I read the novel "All The Light You Cannot See" last year and I'm still shook, as the kids say.

Now, it's going to be a Netflix mini-series and I'm equally shook by this trailer that just dropped.

If you read the book, you know. If you haven't, I think you're in for something special.

Ever since Pitino's hire this board has exploded, but as the perceived level of recruiting results haven't met some expectations it has degenerated into a lot of naysaying and bickering, if not outright doubting of Rick's abilities as a recruiter. We've had a lot of old posters rejoin and many more newbies have entered the fray, even Mike Zaun has reappeared!

Nobody questions Rick's coaching or his ability to develop talent. We've got Repole on board to help with the NIL. We've got many recruits coming for visits, but we still don't have top commitments.

We need an Elitist Closer, none other than our own Mike Maher. After Rick's worked his charm on a recruit, Mike steps in and plies him with lobster rolls slathered with caviar and washed down with lashings of ice cold IPAs or Pisco Sours. Then he can tell them about all the elitist possibilities in the Big Apple. How can any potential recruit resist?

Mike is willing to work as an unpaid assistant if only some conditions are met. First, he gets chairback seats, on the aisle, in the lower tier at CA. Second, he gets to go to the front of the beer line at both CA and MSG. Third, games at MSG do not tip off until Mike arrives, beer in hand, and joins the 114 crew. And fourth, and probably most critical, he gets to go to the front of the line for the restroom.

Make Mike The Closer!

Back