Homeland And All Things Maher

Got to go to an early access screening for the movie AIR by Ben affleck starring Matt Damon.

I think you guys would really love it. It’s about the true story of Nike signing MJ and how it turned their fortunes around in the basketball shoe business.

Damon and affleck are great. Jason Bateman, idk if any of you like him but he’s awesome too as this nike marketing exec. Really fun movie front to back.

I saw the trailer and first thought was: they took A LOT of artistic license casting Matt Damon as Sonny Vacarro!

I saw the trailer and first thought was: they took A LOT of artistic license casting Matt Damon as Sonny Vacarro!
LOL that is very true. Damon’s just so good in this. His performance is so spirited it makes you care about the premise. I always say, it can be tough to pull off these “based on a true story” type films where you know in the back of your mind that Nike will in fact sign MJ. We know history so we know it happens. But this movie succeeds in making the journey to get there an exciting/riveting time, with great performances all the way around. It’s the next day and I’m still stuck on Bateman’s performance. He brings so much heart to the film and he’s just hilarious

Mando episode today was so so. Jack Black Lizzo and Christopher Loyd in it. I like the ending and Grogu jumping into Lizzo's arms but not one of my favorite episodes.

Ted Lasso that Zava guy cracks me up

Happy National Beer Day !

Attachments

• 49D485EB-041E-4215-9A33-331D5E046C64.jpeg
    49D485EB-041E-4215-9A33-331D5E046C64.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
Got to go to an early access screening for the movie AIR by Ben affleck starring Matt Damon.

I think you guys would really love it. It’s about the true story of Nike signing MJ and how it turned their fortunes around in the basketball shoe business.

Damon and affleck are great. Jason Bateman, idk if any of you like him but he’s awesome too as this nike marketing exec. Really fun movie front to back.
Who doesn’t like Bateman?!?!?!

Goes well with met opening day then masters
My wife and I are watching the women's tennis tournament in Charleston (great venue) - watching Madison Keys (our favorite woman player) always drives me to drink so love the fact you reminded me it was National Beer Day!

You elitist. :rolleyes: :giggle:
When it gets warmer out we will bring our better halves and do brunch in the courtyard of Oheka. You live closer to Oheka than me so Elitist is in your blood and god knows you and Gary like the same alcohol so we do some of that at the bar afterwards and let him pay :)

When it gets warmer out we will bring our better halves and do brunch in the courtyard of Oheka. You live closer to Oheka than me so Elitist is in your blood and good knows you and Gary like the same alcohol so we do some of that at the bar afterwards :)
Only if you promise not to order MAHERgaritas. ;)

Btw since this is my thread and nothing is off topic if anyone was wondering where I get my ambien it’s here. Our own Eric just drove by this sign and sent me the pic

Attachments

• 4FC62A9D-FD7B-4A53-B861-4C0072E7E8EF.jpeg
    4FC62A9D-FD7B-4A53-B861-4C0072E7E8EF.jpeg
    974.4 KB · Views: 10
Back