Homeland And All Things Maher

My first experience with Tear Gas today as the police tear gassed the protesters in Nats building. In Peru. On the bright side thst gave my the chance to catch up 4 episodes of Fauda

My first experience with Tear Gas today as the police tear gassed the protesters in Nats building. In Peru. On the bright side thst gave my the chance to catch up 4 episodes of Fauda
At least you got to do it in a different country. I got to experience it in exotic Oakland 😁.

Will probably encounter it tomorrow night actually.

Not nearly as exciting as tear gas, but we were on way back from dinner, and right off exit an SUV pulls in fast to gas station...followed heavily by 6 or 7 County sheriff cars at same high speeds and lights on... guns drawn by multiple cops.... driver eventually gets out and they cuff him. One sheriff didn't seem to like that we were just watching from a fairly close distance and waved us off to keep moving.

Stumbled on a lighthearted comedy with surprisingly deep character development called "Acapulco" on Apple TV.
The show is set at a Mexican resort in the mid-80s (no sign of SJU gear yet) and follows a local kid as he works his way up from pool boy.
It's warm escapism when it's 10 degrees outside.

I'm all for protecting the population and even banning restaurants from serving it unless it's in a lobster roll

Instead of watching St. John's shrink to Creighton, I went and saw Ant-Man 3 at the movies.

Despite mixed reviews, I though it was really good. Lots of fun. I found it much better than almost every recent Marvel offering except Shang-Chi and Spiderman 3.

It kept things pretty straightforward: heroes get transported to a strange world, form alliances with the locals, try to escape and face off against the villain who's trying to do the same. They could've easily lopped off 10-15 mins including an unnecessary celebrity cameo, but oh well...

Paul Rudd is still everyone's favorite middle age superhero dad. Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer were also very good.

Instead of watching St. John's shrink to Creighton, I went and saw Ant-Man 3 at the movies.

Despite mixed reviews, I though it was really good. Lots of fun. I found it much better than almost every recent Marvel offering except Shang-Chi and Spiderman 3.

It kept things pretty straightforward: heroes get transported to a strange world, form alliances with the locals, try to escape and face off against the villain who's trying to do the same. They could've easily lopped off 10-15 mins including an unnecessary celebrity cameo, but oh well...

Paul Rudd is still everyone's favorite middle age superhero dad. Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer were also very good.
How did it compare to the second one do you think? I loved the first one. Second one left me wanting a lot more.

How did it compare to the second one do you think? I loved the first one. Second one left me wanting a lot more.

Second one kinda seemed like a low budget movie by Marvel standards. This one is epic - a ton of money went into it. And it essentially sets up the main baddie for movies to come...

Second one kinda seemed like a low budget movie by Marvel standards. This one is epic - a ton of money went into it. And it essentially sets up the main baddie for movies to come...
Saw it tonight and really liked it. And not because $5 Tuesday movie night is influencing me.

I really don't get all the lukewarm/bad reviews I've been seeing. It was fun -- more fun for me than last Dr. Strange and Shang-Chi.

They were showing Ant Man on the Disney Cruise I was on so my son and I went to see the late showing. I liked the movie except for Modok and what happened with Kang. I don't want to say much for spoilers.

Just finished season 4 of Fauda, and it did not disappoint. Another wonderful season for a brilliant show.

The ending will want you begging for more.

Now I am waiting for Tehran season 3 which is due to be released this year.

Competing a season of Fauda leaves me almost as sad as finishing a season of Cobra Kai.

Back