Homeland And All Things Maher

3 is the most thought provoking because of Hamsterdam. And Bunny Colson became one of my favorite characters.

4 is the most tragic because of Michael and his friends. It's also my favorite.

5 veers off a bit with the whole fake serial killer newspaper angle but still wraps the series up nicely. And Gus, the editor, also became one of my favorite characters. BTW I worked briefly with the reporter that David Simon based the crooked Scott Templeton on. Needless to say he was a slippery dude.
Bunny was one of my favorite characters too and I'd agree with you it's the most thought provoking

I'm 3 episodes into 4 right now

3 is the most thought provoking because of Hamsterdam. And Bunny Colson became one of my favorite characters.

4 is the most tragic because of Michael and his friends. It's also my favorite.

5 veers off a bit with the whole fake serial killer newspaper angle but still wraps the series up nicely. And Gus, the editor, also became one of my favorite characters. BTW I worked briefly with the reporter that David Simon based the crooked Scott Templeton on. Needless to say he was a slippery dude.
Just finished season 4. Oh man I totally didnt remember how deep that season was with Michael and his friends.

Even the quick scene with McNulty and Bodie eating lunch I thought was awesome stuff

Just wanted to mention, if you are someone who is into like stop motion claymation, the new Guillermo Del Toro adaptation of "Pinocchio" on netflix completely blew me away.

Beautiful, heartbreaking, fun, darker/grittier than the original but still such joy to watch. Don't know if I would show your kids this if you have a child under 8-9.

Its dressed up as a kids movie but deals with a lot of themes involving death, mortality, war, etc.

One of my favorite films of the year

Just wanted to mention, if you are someone who is into like stop motion claymation, the new Guillermo Del Toro adaptation of "Pinocchio" on netflix completely blew me away.

Beautiful, heartbreaking, fun, darker/grittier than the original but still such joy to watch. Don't know if I would show your kids this if you have a child under 8-9.

Its dressed up as a kids movie but deals with a lot of themes involving death, mortality, war, etc.

One of my favorite films of the year
I put this in my queue only because of GdT. He's one of the few interesting film makers today that put out big movies. That said, even the Disney version when you got past the superficial Disney saccharine, got pretty intense/dark.

Some of the old stop motion flicks are awesome. The original Sinbad (60s?) and the 1981 Clash of the Titans which has some really all time great actors in the cast. And of course some of the Christmas specials!

I put this in my queue only because of GdT. He's one of the few interesting film makers today that put out big movies. That said, even the Disney version when you got past the superficial Disney saccharine, got pretty intense/dark.

Some of the old stop motion flicks are awesome. The original Sinbad (60s?) and the 1981 Clash of the Titans which has some really all time great actors in the cast. And of course some of the Christmas specials!
Back in the Cretaceous era (60's) I audited a film course or two at NYU and they pointed out that Disney films were routinely punctuated by a storm sequence pre-turning point of the film.

Finished Andor. We loved it

Reminded me so much of classic WW2 action movies - space nazis occupying foreign territory and brutalizing civilians, a clandestine mission at a dangerous fortress, a clever prison break and questionable actions by the heroes.

Reminded me so much of classic WW2 action movies - space nazis occupying foreign territory and brutalizing civilians, a clandestine mission at a dangerous fortress, a clever prison break and questionable actions by the heroes.
everyone who described it as slow build were on the money and the music ( banging from episode 3 or 4 and the last one ) just wrapped everyone up dramatically IMO.

Now I'm gonna rewatch Rogue1 because I forgot it

Forgot to mention the Offer as well tremendous show, paramount had a very good with these shows.
Has anyone watched the show Kaleidoscope on netflix and if so is there an order of which you recommend to watch it ? Supposedly all the episodes are done so you can watch them in any random order except that you should watch the finale ' white " last

I mentioned a few years back on here I played a video game called The Last of Us that I thought had a tremendous story

Well the story has been adapted into an HBO show and will be premiering on Sunday night. I have heard some really good things from critics who got their hands on screeners for the show earlier than the public

I recommend checking it out

I mentioned a few years back on here I played a video game called The Last of Us that I thought had a tremendous story

Well the story has been adapted into an HBO show and will be premiering on Sunday night. I have heard some really good things from critics who got their hands on screeners for the show earlier than the public

I recommend checking it out

I'm suffering from zombie fatigue.

Back