Homeland And All Things Maher

For the geeks on here:

Rings of Power: Underwhelming for $500M budget.

She-Hulk: Clever at times but too much girl rom-com feels for me.

Andor: Star Wars like you've never seen it. Feels like a WWII espionage, sabotage thriller like Guns of Navarone or the Dirty Dozen.

For the geeks on here:

Rings of Power: Underwhelming for $500M budget.

She-Hulk: Clever at times but too much girl rom-com feels for me.

Andor: Star Wars like you've never seen it. Feels like a WWII espionage, sabotage thriller like Guns of Navarone or the Dirty Dozen.
we've been holding off on Andor to binge it. The reviews we saw before it started were fantastic

we've been holding off on Andor to binge it. The reviews we saw before it started were fantastic

Yeah, us too but we hear it's great. Not a LOTR fan so haven't watched that. A couple eps behind on HOTD but very good so far. Going to Game of Thrones con in LA. (Not paying, same guy who I drove up to meet Chris Pratt). Surprised to not see any HOTD stars as guests.

Family lost interest in She-Hulk so I binged it. Not traditional Marvel, comedy legal procedural and all, and that last ep was bizarre. Loved how they had a lighthearted go at Kevin Feige though.

Last few episodes of Atlanta also on my DVR for a binge. Love this series. Just finished season two of Reservation Dogs. That too is fantastic TV.

Anyone watch Resident Alien? I was catching up with season 2. Ep 15 has a St. John's mention.

The show cracks me up but it is pretty offbeat and not for everyone. For Scifi fans, the star of Resident Alien is Alan Tudyk who was in the cult classic Firefly series with Nathan Fillion (Castle, The Rookie) Fillion does the voice of an octopus who talks via mental telepathy...

Anyone watch Resident Alien? I was catching up with season 2. Ep 15 has a St. John's mention.

The show cracks me up but it is pretty offbeat and not for everyone. For Scifi fans, the star of Resident Alien is Alan Tudyk who was in the cult classic Firefly series with Nathan Fillion (Castle, The Rookie) Fillion does the voice of an octopus who talks via mental telepathy...

Funny offbeat show.

The recent batch of Marvel series and movies have been underwhelming.

BUT there is one franchise that continues to be golden.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special is hilarious and surprisingly moving.... just like their two movies. Highly recommended for fans and non fans alike.

The recent batch of Marvel series and movies have been underwhelming.

BUT there is one franchise that continues to be golden.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special is hilarious and surprisingly moving.... just like their two movies. Highly recommended for fans and non fans alike.

All true, though I saw Wakanda Forever on Thanksgiving and found it similarly moving for obvious reasons. I have high hopes for Secret Invasion and crossing fingers for AM/W Quantumania though I'm not sure how good it will be.

I finished the first season of Andor. After growing really bored and and increasingly disappointed with the Star Wars franchise (did not like the second three movies or anything really since), The Mandalorian was finally something good then Boba Fett and now Andor another good one.

And on a totally unrelated note just throwing this out there from 44 years ago!

1669754765676.png

Nathalie and I started Andor last night. First 2 episodes kinda slow. 3rd episode definitely getting good

btw I'm still in the middle of rewatching the wire ( easy to multi task when I get 3-4 hours of sleep ) and that freaking show it's like watching it the first time. Most of it I totally forgot. I'm in the middle of season 4 so based on my sleep patters I'mm finish the whole series by next week but this is just a g-d damn amazing show

btw I'm still in the middle of rewatching the wire ( easy to multi task when I get 3-4 hours of sleep ) and that freaking show it's like watching it the first time. Most of it I totally forgot. I'm in the middle of season 4 so based on my sleep patters I'mm finish the whole series by next week but this is just a g-d damn amazing show
I’ve just started rewatching myself. Ep 8 season 1. As good as the first time 100%

Season one so far is my favorite with season 2 being close second

3 is the most thought provoking because of Hamsterdam. And Bunny Colson became one of my favorite characters.

4 is the most tragic because of Michael and his friends. It's also my favorite.

5 veers off a bit with the whole fake serial killer newspaper angle but still wraps the series up nicely. And Gus, the editor, also became one of my favorite characters. BTW I worked briefly with the reporter that David Simon based the crooked Scott Templeton on. Needless to say he was a slippery dude.

Back