EPL 2013-14

am i the only one watching the arsenal game?

I am.
Haven't watched a minute of SJU game once I saw starting lineup.

he's gone moose.
millions of dollars and almost 5 years down the shitter.
fox must be pissed.

Can SJU hire Arsene?

He is one of those guys that could probably coach at a high level in almost any sport.

Today was too easy, even with both teams missing several key players. Sherwood played into our hands by playing a 442 and our five man midfield was able to control the game. Nice win - hoping for a slightly easier draw in the next round.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal get Coventry at home in the next round. They are 53 places below us, tenth in League One. All the big clubs avoided each other.

Today was too easy, even with both teams missing several key players. Sherwood played into our hands by playing a 442 and our five man midfield was able to control the game. Nice win - hoping for a slightly easier draw in the next round.

He'll have to learn how to make adjustments, you're very right about this.

He needs to look no further than the previous coach as to why being able to adjust on the fly is such a vital part of managing a team. Something that cost AVB his job.

On a more important note to me. The reigning European and World Champions started the second half season training camp today in Qatar. Mia San Weltmeisters.

On a more important note to me. The reigning European and World Champions started the second half season training camp today in Qatar. Mia San Weltmeisters.

Kindly move all this Bayern chat to the Bundesliga thread :p

Arsenal almost took y'all out in 2013, going out on away goals. The year we will get it done. Sports promise!

Mark your calendar for Feb 19 and March 11!

Not quite sure what to make of all this soccer talk. I am looking forward to the World Cup. However, the American Football games where great this weekend. Didn't realize what I was missing watching the Jets play every week. For what it's worth I would take Bayern over Arsenal, even though I bought an Arsenal jersey when I was in London one time.

Enjoy!

Oh by the way, how is Chelsea doing? I own one of their jersey's as well.

Not quite sure what to make of all this soccer talk. I am looking forward to the World Cup. However, the American Football games where great this weekend. Didn't realize what I was missing watching the Jets play every week. For what it's worth I would take Bayern over Arsenal, even though I bought an Arsenal jersey when I was in London one time.

Enjoy!

Everyone hates Chelsea. %-)

Kindly move all this Bayern chat to the Bundesliga thread :p

Arsenal almost took y'all out in 2013, going out on away goals. The year we will get it done. Sports promise!

Mark your calendar for Feb 19 and March 11!

I already had those marked. Maybe we should wager a brew or two?

BTW, this is the Bundesliga thread now.

Enjoy!

Four great NFL games this weekend. All went down to the wire.

Chelsea are a soap opera. They have some great young talent: Mata (who may be on the way out), Hazard, Willian but all bought for top dollar (read: rouble). They have the much admired but ancient Frank Lampard and then they also have John Terry, who is lower than the waistcoat pocket of a snake. El Nino Torres cannot regain the form he showed at Liverpool and running the show is the self-proclaimed "Special One" Jose Mourhino, the only ego-maniac apparently capable of working for megla-maniac Abramovich.

That said, they are in the last 16 of the Champions League, a point or two off the top in the EPL, [strike]still in the Capital One Cup [/strike]and won yesterday in the FA Cup... so despite all the character flaws, they grind out results and will probably pick up some tin pots by May.

Don't burn that blue shirt just yet ;)

Walcott out 6 months. Bedtner out 2. Before the Walcott injury I felt Arsenal needed a striker. Now arguably they can use 2.

Walcott out 6 months. Bedtner out 2. Before the Walcott injury I felt Arsenal needed a striker. Now arguably they can use 2.

Just read that... Bad news indeed. He was just hitting his stride after being out for almost 3 months. Arsenal seem to have more serious injuries than any team going. I wonder when the Ox will be back? Gnabry was very impressive vs. Spurs, I bet he gets a run on the right now. At least Giroud (and maybe Ramsey?) will be back for Villa. Time for the others to step up again. While Theo was out in Oct-Nov, Ramsey and Giroud carried the team in terms of goals. Need Jack, Ozil, Rosicky, Cazorla etc. to make up the difference.

I still doubt Wenger will buy, especially if the Ox and Podolski are fit. I read Bendtner is only out for 30 days...

Just read that... Bad news indeed. He was just hitting his stride after being out for almost 3 months. Arsenal seem to have more serious injuries than any team going. I wonder when the Ox will be back? Gnabry was very impressive vs. Spurs, I bet he gets a run on the right now. At least Giroud (and maybe Ramsey?) will be back for Villa. Time for the others to step up again. While Theo was out in Oct-Nov, Ramsey and Giroud carried the team in terms of goals. Need Jack, Ozil, Rosicky, Cazorla etc. to make up the difference.

I still doubt Wenger will buy, especially if the Ox and Podolski are fit. I read Bendtner is only out for 30 days...

He usually buys in January. Not huge splashes but something to help with depth.
Oxe is puzzling how long he's been out.
I love Gnabry's game. From rumors of being loaned out to playing key role is crazy but true.
I still see a buy with potential. Not a Diego Costa or anyone like that.

I am hearing rumors Arsenal and ManU are watching Madzukic from FC Bayern. I don't know how this would be done, especially since Lewandowski is not coming to FCB until 7/1. But you know, where there is smoke, there may be fire.

I am hearing rumors Arsenal and ManU are watching Madzukic from FC Bayern. I don't know how this would be done, especially since Lewandowski is not coming to FCB until 7/1. But you know, where there is smoke, there may be fire.

Yeah there have been some rumblings of Madzukic with Arsenal. Just as any other striker in the world it seems. But like you said if anything it would be for the summer and not for now.

Not sure if anyone on here roots for Man U but the wheels are coming off. Third successive 2-1 loss happened this evening, away to Sunderland, Capital One Cup.

The word is Moyes has lost the locker-room. Now where have we heard that before? Imagine being a Red Storm / Red Devil fan these days. There would not be enough beer to cure that problem...

Anyway, their apparent demise is fun to watch after all their years of success.

Not sure if anyone on here roots for Man U but the wheels are coming off. Third successive 2-1 loss happened this evening, away to Sunderland, Capital One Cup.

The word is Moyes has lost the locker-room. Now where have we heard that before? Imagine being a Red Storm / Red Devil fan these days. There would not be enough beer to cure that problem...

Anyway, their apparent demise is fun to watch after all their years of success.

Happy for Sunderland. Wish Altidore could score some goals.

Olympiacos is going through to the next round of the Champions League. Hopefully to play FC Hollywood.

On the Arsenal transfer front it seems Arsene has made Alvaro Morata on loan the prioirity. Carlo is playing hardball though and doesn't want to give him up. Arsene then will take a shot at summer target Jackson Martinez of Porto early, however his buyout clause is in the 30M range. Both players are CL tied as well but either or both (thinking ahead) are GREAT pickups IMO. I can see Salomon Kalou though if the Morata deal falls thru and save Martinez until the summer when Porto might be more willing to give up.

Back