EPL 2013-14

Just as important the mid season transfer period begins this week.
Can't wait to see the Gunners bring in a legit striker to alleviate Giroud.
*Preferably not CL tied as well.

(For the record: West Ham fan in the EPL – man, did I pick the wrong time to back that horse! – and Roma in Serie A.)

Good for you not jumping on the bandwagon of the bigger clubs. West Ham have a great tradition of playing football the right way, although Big Sam may have dented that a bit. Their academy is respected for finding young talent (Lampard, Cottee, Ferdinand) and have a fervent fan base in east London. I once spent a very enjoyable evening in a pub in Barking watching the Hammers on TV - when they scored the entire pub erupted singing "Bubbles".

If they can get Andy Carroll back, they have a shot at not getting relegated. I think Palace and Sunderland will go down. One of Cardiff, Fulham or West Ham will probably join them. As an aside, Jozey Altidore lookes terrible for the Black Cats, not a good sign for US fans.

What, no love for Nicky Bendtner? TGSTEL? O ye of little faith.

I think with Podolski coming back and Theo showing some form, Msr Wenger will not buy. There are rumors about Diego Costa, but they are exactly that... rumors. I would not be surprised to see Giroud get a rest for the next two games (Cardiff and Spurs (FA Cup)).

What, no love for Nicky Bendtner? TGSTEL? O ye of little faith.

I think with Podolski coming back and Theo showing some form, Msr Wenger will not buy. There are rumors about Diego Costa, but they are exactly that... rumors. I would not be surprised to see Giroud get a rest for the next two games (Cardiff and Spurs (FA Cup)).

I still think he buys. Even if its a younger player with potential. I like Podolski a lot. But its one bum ankle away from a repeat of the past few months running one guy out there all the time. Nobody expected Wenger to buy Ozil. I think he splashes again. And since midfield is set I think its up front.

Guys, take it from someone who knows the history: Podolski will not help, he is way overrated. If not, he would still be wearing red. :whistle:

Huge Fulham supporter here (sadly). Been supporting them since I interned there in 99 (the year they ran away with the then second division to get promoted to the then first division (now the championship)). My claim to fame was Kevin Keegan telling me I made a good cup of coffee. He took the England job shortly after my internship ended. Doubt it was a coincidence :).

Tough year so far, but hopefully Shad spends a lot and wisely next month and we stay up.

Guys, take it from someone who knows the history: Podolski will not help, he is way overrated. If not, he would still be wearing red. :whistle:
It could be argued that this spell he's had at Arsenal is the best he's ever had at any club. He produces far better at the National level, usually.

It could be argued that this spell he's had at Arsenal is the best he's ever had at any club. He produces far better at the National level, usually.

An he's Polish to boot.

An he's Polish to boot.

One set of his grandparents were German citizens before the war.

An he's Polish to boot.

He's Polish.

An he's Polish to boot.

He's Polish.
So is Klose. So are a line of German players. Boateng, Gomez, Kroos and Ozil are all German too. What's your point?

An he's Polish to boot.

He's Polish.
So is Klose. So are a line of German players. Boateng, Gomez, Kroos and Ozil are all German too. What's your point?

Just pissed that Rossi plays for italy.
my sour grapes.

That does suck. Rossi is a damn good striker. Given the same choice though, what country would you represent? Him and Balotelli fronting a 4-4-2 is a proposition not many CBs are going to like.

He is still wearing red (with white sleeves). :)

I am not an apologist but Podolski was very good at Cologne (both spells) and scored 79 in 169 in his second go round. Last year at Arsenal (first season with new team, league etc.) scored 11 in 25 with 9 assists. Bigger things were expected this year but he twanged his hamstring in August (after scoring two in hist first start) and just came back last week when he played a big role against W. Ham - score one, set up one.

His international record is pretty dang impressive: 46 in 111. The only blemish is his time at Bayern...

As Giroud becomes more jaded, Lukas can be huge for the next 5 months. It is a WC year, he should gel with Ozil, second year in the league, etc. Great addition to any squad.

That does suck. Rossi is a damn good striker. Given the same choice though, what country would you represent? Him and Balotelli fronting a 4-4-2 is a proposition not many CBs are going to like.

I am very American. Just passed.

An he's Polish to boot.

He's Polish.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Just pointing out how he is able to play for the German national team, BTW the same way as Klose. Their grandparents were Poles living in what was then part of Germany.

Remove your feelings. Would you rather play for a country where the sport is held in the highest of regards and your chance of winning a WC is realistic or would you rather play for a country that has no tradition and almost no realistic shot of winning a WC?

It sucks, and I wish Rossi stayed with us, but I can't say I blame him for his decision. If I were Ozil, would I rather play for Turkey?

An he's Polish to boot.

He's Polish.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Just pointing out how he is able to play for the German national team, BTW the same way as Klose. Their grandparents were Poles living in what was then part of Germany.
I knew that already. I don't know if this post was directed to me, I hate multi-quote.

(For the record: West Ham fan in the EPL – man, did I pick the wrong time to back that horse! – and Roma in Serie A.)

Good for you not jumping on the bandwagon of the bigger clubs. West Ham have a great tradition of playing football the right way, although Big Sam may have dented that a bit. Their academy is respected for finding young talent (Lampard, Cottee, Ferdinand) and have a fervent fan base in east London. I once spent a very enjoyable evening in a pub in Barking watching the Hammers on TV - when they scored the entire pub erupted singing "Bubbles".

If they can get Andy Carroll back, they have a shot at not getting relegated. I think Palace and Sunderland will go down. One of Cardiff, Fulham or West Ham will probably join them. As an aside, Jozey Altidore lookes terrible for the Black Cats, not a good sign for US fans.

Couldn't see myself getting on the Man U. bandwagon. I liked the tradition and scrappiness of West Ham and can accept that we might only see an occasional run at glory. (I've been trained well as a St. John's fan!)

Planning a trip to London this spring and hoping to catch a game or two. Might be even more fun to just find a local pub filled with Hammer fans.

Remove your feelings. Would you rather play for a country where the sport is held in the highest of regards and your chance of winning a WC is realistic or would you rather play for a country that has no tradition and almost no realistic shot of winning a WC?

It sucks, and I wish Rossi stayed with us, but I can't say I blame him for his decision. If I were Ozil, would I rather play for Turkey?

The flip side is a lot of those non traditional Americans (German and Mexican heritage) choose to play for the US because its easier to play on the NT team. Rossi looking back I think might choose to play for the US as he hasn't gotten as much time as most envisioned on Italy. Yes injuries played a factor of course.

Back