DePaul (UBS), Tue., Feb. 6, 6:30p, FS-1

I know DePaul is ranked #353 in FG % allowed (only 351 D-1 teams according to google search) and #342 in points allowed, but this was the offense I thought we’d see all year: sharing the ball, Dingle and Jenkins taking turns and making each other better, etc.
362 D-1 teams now but still to be bottom 10 is horrendous.

There were many, many problems playing this game at UBS, but one that struck me as I was leaving was that there was a huge video board with train times that showed that the next LIRR train heading east after the game wasnt like due for about an hour. That's a huge issue when parking costs $40.

6 30 start time for the TV audience. The LIRR has a pretty good number of trains that stop for events that end at 9 30 or 10.

Yesterday I posted that SJU should play one game a year at UBS vs Hofstra if it counted as an away game. I take that back. Stay away from UBS.
A Saturday St John’s Hofstra Stonybrook Fordham double header might not be bad . DePaul bring back to Carnesseca till we start building our brand

Yesterday I posted that SJU should play one game a year at UBS vs Hofstra if it counted as an away game. I take that back. Stay away from UBS.
Yes, Equestrian team only.

I used to love when SH came to CA & what’s done is done, but much prefer the “beating encore” there v UBS

Jenkins is 5x the player off the ball. Been saying all year he could shoot 35%+ if he took just set shots from 3.
You and me both brother. Off a pass he is fine. Off the dribble, and within the first ten seconds of a possession, awful. I have come around to him as he gives his all 100% of the time. I just want him to pass to Soriano every time he thinks "I should shoot a three".

You and me both brother. Off a pass he is fine. Off the dribble, and within the first ten seconds of a possession, awful. I have come around to him as he gives his all 100% of the time. I just want him to pass to Soriano every time he thinks "I should shoot a three".
Ridiculous. He's fine off the pass. He's fine off the dribble. He's fine early in the shot clock. He's fine late in the shot clock. He's fine passing to Soriano. He's fine when he's not. He's fine shooting 3's...2's...1's. He's fine playing defense. He's just fine, period. He's our best player virtually every game now and the entire world knows it cept for a Mordecai Brown handful of posters on this minute section of the interweb.

Decisive victory, beat the spread. Job well done. Not sure what more can be gleaned from this game, as DePaul is truly not a Big East caliber team.
It's their fan base who should be calling for the program to drop down to the A10, not ours.

Attendance: 6,035. We'll see how much, if any, it improves for the Seton hall game. That said, that is a tough Sunday night of president's week vacation.
We may actually get a handful of Seton Hall fans at that game, and that will help attendence. Not sure we had any Depaul fans at the game.

A Saturday St John’s Hofstra Stonybrook Fordham double header might not be bad . DePaul bring back to Carnesseca till we start building our brand
Not sure our brand will ever be big enough to play DePaul at UBS. Certainly not with DePaul's brand being what it's been since Ray Meyers retired.

Back