DePaul (UBS), Tue., Feb. 6, 6:30p, FS-1

As I just said to another poster, this DePaul team could be one of the worst Big East team that I've ever seen. And that includes some of our moribund teams.

Glad we never took our foot off the pedal after going up big(although taking 3s with under 2 minutes left cost me my bet), but I'm not taking very much away from this game, and that includes Dingle's nice shooting night.

Let's follow this game up with a W at Marquette and maybe then I'll start to feel a little differently.

As I just said to another poster, this DePaul team could be one of the worst Big East team that I've ever seen. And that includes some of our moribund teams.

Glad we never took our foot off the pedal after going up big(although taking 3s with under 2 minutes left cost me my bet), but I'm not taking very much away from this game, and that includes Dingle's nice shooting night.

Let's follow this game up with a W at Marquette and maybe then I'll start to feel a little differently.
Yes, other than an expected W to add to our resume, it was basically a scrimmage (not to be disrespectful to the Blue Demons), and any false sense of security should be disabused. We need to keep winning games (even a few that we are not the favorites, so let's start with Marquette).

Ridiculous. He's fine off the pass. He's fine off the dribble. He's fine early in the shot clock. He's fine late in the shot clock. He's fine passing to Soriano. He's fine when he's not. He's fine shooting 3's...2's...1's. He's fine playing defense. He's just fine, period. He's our best player virtually every game now and the entire world knows it cept for a Mordecai Brown handful of posters on this minute section of the interweb.
He's not fine shooting threes off the dribble. He makes 1 of 4 or 5 shots. He makes 40% or more of his set shots off a pass. Nobody on this team should be shooting threes off the bounce except for Dingle...or Dunlap in a wide open pull-up situation.

When teams zone us they make us better. Our guys stop the one-on-one crap and we suddenly become a team that moves and shares the ball. It literally takes away our biggest weakness and enhances the offensive rebounding which is our biggest strength.

When teams zone us they make us better. Our guys stop the one-on-one crap and we suddenly become a team that moves and shares the ball. It literally takes away our biggest weakness and enhances the offensive rebounding which is our biggest strength.
+1

This may be the year you don’t want to avoid the wed game in the big east tournament if you can finish sixth and match up with these guys. You usually want to avoid the extra game but a game vs de Paul is not going to take much out of the team and the win might be the key for a bid.
No, no, no, no to the sixth seed. 3, 6, and 11 play the late games starting with 6-11 on Wednesday at 9, then that winner plays 3 at 9:30 on Thursday. Any seed other than those is ideal.

Way too old for late starts like that. :)

I know you want the garden relocated to grand central just for the great adventure escalator 10 minute ride up :eek: :LOL:

If you climb the escalator as I do routinely you can make it in 90 seconds. Plus get some exercise in.
Thats if you aren't freaked out and frozen to your step you are on lol. I kid but wow I was not expecting that at all on friday.

Thats still amazing that it takes that long walking up it while its moving.
I would have to check with my cardiologist before walking up that escalator. I suspect his answer would be NO. Hats off to you from me on that for sure.
I get on a walk up a while, ride and then walk when we get near the top. My daughter walks up like lawmanfan. The escalators are the longest in North America and at their current setting take three minutes top to bottom or vice versa. They can be set for a higher speed like they are overseas, but us Americans are not use to that and after watching some people trying to step on mall escalator, agree a higher speed would be a bad idea.

Since we heard so much about the 15 made threes being a St. John's record against a Big East opponent, I woke up curious. Here's your two morning fun facts of the day:

Thanks for the bad memories Dave lol. I remember that Syracuse game vividly. Elijah Ingram was 2-20 on 3 pointers that night!!! I remember being furious.

6 30 start time for the TV audience. The LIRR has a pretty good number of trains that stop for events that end at 9 30 or 10.
The train is a very convenient way of getting to the game from points east on LI. The problem last night is that there were extra trains going east from UBS after the game, but they weren't listed in the boards inside the arena or the LIRR app. If you are going to have the extra trains, you have to let people know.

The App said there was an 8:25ish and a 9:38ish going back to Huntington, but there were at least 2 additional trains to Huntington between those times.

I've been one of those guys. Still say we should do it
GIF by BJ The Chicago Kid

Seeing the excitement from the bench for Brady's back-to-back threes tells me a lot about him and this team. Nice to see.
On the second one, the replay on the board at the arena showed Drissa (of all people based on his normal enthusiasm) had to pull Wilcher off the court and back towards the bench.

I have a question for the Fan base about UBS as a venue . How do the Islanders draw so well to their games , if it’s such a difficult place to get to.?

Now , I recognize the Isles fans are a different Crowd but , their demographics in Queens, Nassau , Suffolk aren’t entirely different than ours , is it ?

I’m no Ticket Marketer but , if the School and Pitino are serious about building the Brand, which they are, I have a suggestion .

Partner a plan with the Isles to offer their fans a 1 Game Ticket to one of our games ar UBS, make it a decent game too. Maybe a Villanova or Marquette ? Seton Hall ?
Discount the tickets for them . Like 1/2 price or something .

Another idea would be to pair a St John ‘s Saturday game at 1 -1:30pm with a Islander game starting at 6:30 pm .
That’s assuming the change over from BB Court to Ice can be done in.a Couple of hours .
And , fans could hang around UBS , eat , buy stuff Islanders and St John’s merchandise , drink for those so inclined . Watch how the Arena staff take down the BB Court and make it a Ice Rink .
I’m sure that’s fascinating .

Anyway , it just popped into my head .

There were many, many problems playing this game at UBS, but one that struck me as I was leaving was that there was a huge video board with train times that showed that the next LIRR train heading east after the game wasnt like due for about an hour. That's a huge issue when parking costs $40.
I don‘t know if that was you, but I was standing with my wife looking at the board waiting for someone (we actually parked in Bellerose and were dropped off and picked) and a guy walked by with his family and made a comment about the hour wait.

I don‘t know if that was you, but I was standing with my wife looking at the board waiting for someone (we actually parked in Bellerose and were dropped off and picked) and a guy walked by with his family and made a comment about the hour wait.
I remember going to an Islanders game last year and having to wait 30-40 minutes before the next train to Jamaica (which then was another wait to get to Atlantic Terminal). That is the main reason why I didn't make the trek yesterday -- almost never worth the hassle coming from the city via public transportation.

Back