DePaul (UBS), Tue., Feb. 6, 6:30p, FS-1

Attendance: 6,035. We'll see how much, if any, it improves for the Seton hall game. That said, that is a tough Sunday night of president's week vacation.
They’re playing Seton Hall at UBS?? Who’s dumb idea was that?

I didn't even watch the game (had the Knicks on), I knew it wasn't going to be much of a game.

It was a feel good game/win for the team. Now back to business on Saturday, lets get it fellas.

Don't know if that's a good sign that he's expected to stick around and improve that much between now and then or a bad sign that we won't get anybody better in the portal
Wow you guys read into everything don't you. This kid isn't going anywhere and it's Rick's way of saying he is our starting point guard next year and we are not looking for another one. His way of saying kid got talent .

LIooked like they had extra bobbleheads to sell on ebay. Crowd looked pitiful. In his post game Rick joked there were 180 people there.I

I was there and the arena was pretty empty. The announced attendance was 6,035 but that number probably counted ticket sales not people in the building. I would estimate the crowd was well under 3,000. Perhaps even under 2,000. This game should have been played on Campus. People don't want to pay $50 to park, for a $7 Bobblehead giveaway. The idea that the last Carnesecca Arena game was played on January 3rd made no sense to me.

I know DePaul's leading scorer, Chico Carter Jr., was out and their second leading scorer, Da'Sean Nelson was in foul trouble and played only six minutes but I can not remember any Big East team ever that is worse than this DePaul team.

I do not feel we played particularly well and we still won by 28 points. That is largely a statement on how terrible DePaul is. They have gotten the crap beaten out of them by every Big East team with the exception of a three point loss at Georgetown. They are 0 and 12 in Conference and have been outscored by 273 points in those 12 games. That is an average margin of defeat of 22.75 points per game.

Wow you guys read into everything don't you. This kid isn't going anywhere and it's Rick's way of saying he is our starting point guard next year and we are not looking for another one. His way of saying kid got talent .
You state that you guys read into everything and then you proceed to read into everything Rick said and interpret what it means LOL 😂

That was a game a lot of our guys needed. Everyone saw the ball go in... and with Rick's postgame comments- that seemed to have been the plan- fire away.

Also- we need to flex the Seton Hall game to CA... can that be done? The crowd was what some decent High school teams draw lol.

Felt like a library in there tonight.

I know DePaul is ranked #353 in FG % allowed (only 351 D-1 teams according to google search) and #342 in points allowed, but this was the offense I thought we’d see all year: sharing the ball, Dingle and Jenkins taking turns and making each other better, etc.
Honestly believe the two playing together like tonight no matter the opposition is critical to the success of the team down the stretch. Sharing the ball and balanced guard play is a must. Glimmer of hope perhaps??

Honestly believe the two playing together like tonight no matter the opposition is critical to the success of the team down the stretch. Sharing the ball and balanced guard play is a must. Glimmer of hope perhaps??
You’d think that would be effortless. You get to play off the ball and on it at various points to show off a complete game and make each other better. Their chemistry has been awful until tonight.

There were many, many problems playing this game at UBS, but one that struck me as I was leaving was that there was a huge video board with train times that showed that the next LIRR train heading east after the game wasnt like due for about an hour. That's a huge issue when parking costs $40.

Think I'll wait to see what happens @ Marquette. Tonight was almost like an exhibition.

Not getting false hope over an exhibition like game.

I had hope after the Villanova game at MSG with that defense, was praying to see that same def at X, only for them to get 88pnts.

Not doing that again.

There were many, many problems playing this game at UBS, but one that struck me as I was leaving was that there was a huge video board with train times that showed that the next LIRR train heading east after the game wasnt like due for about an hour. That's a huge issue when parking costs $40.
The 9:36ish ? That was the train to Huntington. No way was I gonna be a frosty the snowman and wait. Luckily Ejoyce had his car and drove me back to my office in garden city to get my car

This may be the year you don’t want to avoid the wed game in the big east tournament if you can finish sixth and match up with these guys. You usually want to avoid the extra game but a game vs de Paul is not going to take much out of the team and the win might be the key for a bid.

Back