Coaching Carousel

As soon as his Seadon ends , it will be interesting to see where Dusty Rhoades winds up ? Obviously , he’s going to be the hottest of Coaches when Florida Atlantic loses . I think the Penn State job is open but , Dusty might be headed for a larger gig.
What jobs are still open

Barring a surprise firing or retirement it looks like the hot young names like May, Kelsey, Abdur-Rahim etc will be staying put for at least another year. Though Texas can still get the carousel spinning again if they choose not to retain Terry and poach somebody from the college ranks.

Dusty May will still get a ton of attention at Season’s end , regardless of the Owls winning it all . I think Penn State job is still open ? But , don’t be surprised by more Coaches getting fired or retiring between now and next weekend . Here is a thought . Leonard Hamilton at Florida State is 74 years old and the Noles had a dreadful season . Losing even to us . It’s possible for Hamilton to announce his Retirement with dignity and be replaced by Dusty May . Hamilton is a legendary Coach with a HOF Career . But , sooner or later , he gives it up It’s a more likely landing spot than Penn State for him . Just my speculation .

Local paper has FAU offering more money (currently $550,000.00) and long term security. They also promote living in "paradise" as compared to Lubbock, Providence, State Collage, etc; and no State Tax.

Boca Raton is beautiful as is the campus and surrounding area. I am sure they will do their best to bring him into 7 figure territory but would imagine there are limits how high they can go. He will have a difficult choice to make.

Local paper has FAU offering more money (currently $550,000.00) and long term security. They also promote living in "paradise" as compared to Lubbock, Providence, State Collage, etc; and no State Tax.
Everything about Boca Raton and Florida is true . No State Tax . But , if Hamilton retires at Florida State , May would certainly be a top choice . Tallahassee is not Boca but , the ACC is a multi bid league . The Noles job probably pays $ 2 Million or more . And , it’s still Florida . It’s interesting too , that Larrannaga is 73 and yet , we were hung up on Pitino at 70 ? Go figure . Hamilton is 74 .

Everything about Boca Raton and Florida is true . No State Tax . But , if Hamilton retires at Florida State , May would certainly be a top choice . Tallahassee is not Boca but , the ACC is a multi bid league . The Noles job probably pays $ 2 Million or more . And , it’s still Florida . It’s interesting too , that Larrannaga is 73 and yet , we were hung up on Pitino at 70 ? Go figure . Hamilton is 74 .
Saw rumors of Larrannaga retiring after this run. In which case, there is May’s landing spot.

Having worked at both places, I could honestly see them doing this for the sole purpose of trying to one-up Stanford. Great school, but the amount of time my co-workers griped about Stanford was ridiculous. But in roughly 18 years with Stanford, I've never heard one peep about Cal.

Also not sure why Cal would offer the job to a guy who'd likely leave them for Stanford as soon as Haase is gone.

Having worked at both places, I could honestly see them doing this for the sole purpose of trying to one-up Stanford. Great school, but the amount of time my co-workers griped about Stanford was ridiculous. But in roughly 18 years with Stanford, I've never heard one peep about Cal.

Also not sure why Cal would offer the job to a guy who'd likely leave them for Stanford as soon as Haase is gone.
From what I understand, Stanford and Cal is an interesting "rivalry" and you are confirming some of what I heard (mostly from the Stanford side) about what school is in the other one's head.

Different sport, but this highlight is something Cal fans will always remember.

Back