Coaching Carousel

I went to Penns States Senior night on a school visit in 2009, and followed that team through the NIT at MSG. After what the school considered a successful season the coach left for greener pastures - at Navy of the Patriot League. They then hired Chambers for not much money and kept him won or lose (not much winning) only letting him go when allegations of abuse hit.

They don’t care about basketball at all.

My son graduated from Penn State and I too have been up there for football games. The on campus facilities are first class. The Bryce Jordan Center is very nice. I am just surprised if Shrewsberry leaves because of money. They had a successful season but most of there guys graduate. PSU can match anyone…IF they want.

Huh? Their new coach is from FDU not FAU. Did I misread your post?
Yes , you did . I said Dusty May will be on a lot of Lists as soon as their season ends . I wasn’t implying May to Iona . Anderson took that job as he too , was destined to get offers after knocking off Purdue . It happens every year . The hot Coaches get that offer almost immediately after their Tournament run ends . May is still playing and if they get to the Elite 8 , he will rise even further . No problem , NC .

As soon as his Seadon ends , it will be interesting to see where Dusty Rhoades winds up ? Obviously , he’s going to be the hottest of Coaches when Florida Atlantic loses . I think the Penn State job is open but , Dusty might be headed for a larger gig.

Back