Coaching Carousel

when they say- "school increased its NIL commitment".... what does that mean? I thought NIL was something athletes get outside of the "institution".... through a booster's company or something...

This actually makes some sense in this respect, Hurley was set to go into the last year of his contract. So without a major suitor to take him off their hands and the fact he did go to the NCAAs and won a play in game was enough to justify keeping him and giving him a small extension. 2 years is not a lot and my guess is he better win next year or he is gone.

His team , Florida Atlantic , is still playing but , Dusty May has elevated himself to being a Candidate for any job that opens up . When your a Hot Mid Major Coach that wins a few NCAA games , you rise like Lazarus .
Huh? Their new coach is from FDU not FAU. Did I misread your post?

Kim English has potential...but if you're PC, you have to be devastated after Cooley left. English may be good in 3-5 yrs, but IMO will struggle mightily in a league with elite coaches. Also without major NIL $, PC is probably more likely to fall off (maybe 7th or worse finishes) than to remain where they have been.

Kim English has potential...but if you're PC, you have to be devastated after Cooley left. English may be good in 3-5 yrs, but IMO will struggle mightily in a league with elite coaches. Also without major NIL $, PC is probably more likely to fall off (maybe 7th or worse finishes) than to remain where they have been.
Providence is a very tight community. English was an assistant to Rick Barnes who of course coached at PC by way of George Mason. People like Barnes have influence at PC still and he highly recommends English.

Providence is a very tight community. English was an assistant to Rick Barnes who of course coached at PC by way of George Mason. People like Barnes have influence at PC still and he highly recommends English.
Time will tell...I know he gets good reviews. Just hard when you have Pitino, McDermott, Miller, Matta, Hurley, Shaka to go up against. The big question for PC will be the NIL IMO. Do they get enough to remain relevant after Cooley?

Back