Coaching Carousel

If I'm Providence I call up every tournament mid-major coach both eliminated and still alive. One of them may decide to jump.

Also call up Georgetown's rejects.

There were no rejects. Georgetown has been focused on one guy all along and it was Cooley. The others, while also potentially good hires, were the back-up plan.

Rothstein saying Kim English expected to be firmly in the mix at PC

Kind of ironic: English played at Mizzou for.... Mike Anderson.

Seems kind of underwhelming. The guy has been at George Mason for a couple of years and they've been okay, I guess.

Wonder if it’s so quiet that maybe it’s McDermott they are waiting on?
Could be that too. I personally thought Shrewsberry was going to hope Cooley stayed at PC that way he could pit Georgetown and ND against each other in a bidding war for him. Think he makes a ton of sense of ND but could also see them making a run at McDermott

Hearing Providence likely to go same route they did when they hired Rick Barnes in 1988, George Mason.

Kim English is very high on their list.

Again Pitino not in play at Providence. Trust me he already knew Ed was likely to go to Georgetown if he wanted the PC job he would've known who to call and sat until this happened. The fact that he is moving on SJU knowing full well the PC job was likely to open should tell you he was not going to Providence.

I'll go with the long shot ND shocker: Tang is really religious and when asked how long he'd be at KSU, he answered honestly and said he didn't know. If it was God's plan for him to be there, he'd be there. (paraphrasing from memory)

Hearing Providence likely to go same route they did when they hired Rick Barnes in 1988, George Mason.

Kim English is very high on their list.

Again Pitino not in play at Providence. Trust me he already knew Ed was likely to go to Georgetown if he wanted the PC job he would've known who to call and sat until this happened. The fact that he is moving on SJU knowing full well the PC job was likely to open should tell you he was not going to Providence.
10AM tomorrow can't come fast enough...Fordham

I’m surprised the Cooley House in Rhode Island was listed and so quickly on Zilliow . It’s a almost $ 2 million dollar home and just shows how living large as a PC Coach works out . It’s a beautiful home and magnificently decorated . But , surprised his Realtor used such a Public outlet like Zillow to advertise the house . At this price level , a good Realtor would have possible buyers already lined up to view the house by appointment only . Seeing the Cooley home won’t soothe the ire of Friar Fans next season .

I’m surprised the Cooley House in Rhode Island was listed and so quickly on Zilliow . It’s an almost $ 2 million dollar home and just shows how living large as a PC Coach works out . It’s a beautiful home and magnificently decorated . But , surprised his Realtor used such a Public outlet like Zillow to advertise the house . At this price level , a good Realtor would have possible buyers already lined up to view the house by appointment only . Seeing the Cooley home won’t soothe the ire of Friar Fans next season .
He signed the disclosure agreement March 3, the deal was done at the last Gtown/ PC game in Dc. Dirty deal

Back