Coaching Carousel

Seems like a stretch. I live in Northern Virginia and go to several George Mason games a year. English seems like a decent coach, but he's not setting the world on fire in the A-10. Seems to me PC could do much better.

Time will tell...I know he gets good reviews. Just hard when you have Pitino, McDermott, Miller, Matta, Hurley, Shaka to go up against. The big question for PC will be the NIL IMO. Do they get enough to remain relevant after Cooley?
Look as well as Cooley did at PC, and he did great, it is not like he had a sterling resume. He won the MAAC regular season his last year and the year before that he finished 2nd. No NCAA's one NIT. His connection was the fact he was from Providence and spent his whole coaching life in New England basically.

My point is a job like Providence is not great, similar to SHU but probably a little better, they try to stick to a formula of hiring.

If Penn State is serious he will return to Penn State. They have great facilities and the largess of a state University. The problem at PSU is it’s football, football, football. Same at ND but they have more of a basketball history. Interesting choice for Shrewsberry.

If Penn State is serious he will return to Penn State. They have great facilities and the largess of a state University. The problem at PSU is it’s football, football, football. Same at ND but they have more of a basketball history. Interesting choice for Shrewsberry.

Penn State is a cushy job since no one has any expectations and a few NCAA appearances over a decade would appease the boss man.

ND has expectations.

Penn State is a cushy job since no one has any expectations and a few NCAA appearances over a decade would appease the boss man.

ND has expectations.
I think their basketball expectations are just making the tournament and a sweet 16 once in a while.

Football on the other hand…

If I'm the Fairleigh Dickinson AD, I'd hire Van and ask him to bring over all the SJU players Pitino doesn't want.

I am not sure the FDI job pays enough to catch the attention of any P6 coach.

I looked up the salary of the GDI coach on its 990 form and it listed salaries down to $152K and the FDU coach was not included

I am not sure the FDI job pays enough to catch the attention of any P6 coach.

I looked up the salary of the GDI coach on its 990 form and it listed salaries down to $152K and the FDU coach was not included
I think you start or end your career there, but if you spend whole time there you definitely aren't going to retire with generational wealth.

On the bright side, I always hated Cooley. With him out of the way, I can again root for Providence in tournament games. I've never not hated Georgetown, so that part already works out fine.

The state of Pennsylvania between Philadelphia and Pitsburgh is a Football State (the old joke what's between Phillie and Pittsburgh (Alabama). There will be more people at the spring Football "game" in Happy Valley than at all Penn State basketball home games for the season. I've been to Happy Valley and it is incredible for a football game.

Back