(Charleston Classic) Dayton, Fri., Nov. 17, 2p, ESPN2

Look, we’ve seen improvement the last two games. Even if we go 8-3 OOC and 13-7 in conference, we will go to the tournament. As long as we can improve every game then I still don’t see why that is not achievable. Also, you know how the NCAA loves a story during tournament time. Pitino and St. John’s gives them that now. Even if we are a bubble team I think the NCAA puts us in. I know everyone on here will bash me for saying this but I actually think we match up well against every team in the Big East when I look at their rosters. Let’s go Johnnies!! In Ricky P. We Trust!!

The thing I am most surprised about so far this year is I don't think Rick has any idea what he has with this team yet. I feel like what he expected from them preseason and what he is seeing in the games are two completely different things and he has not adjusted ye
Did he know if his maac point guard was a big east point guard. If he figured #5 was a stop gap until the kid was gonna play the point I would feel better.

Look, we’ve seen improvement the last two games. Even if we go 8-3 OOC and 13-7 in conference, we will go to the tournament. As long as we can improve every game then I still don’t see why that is not achievable. Also, you know how the NCAA loves a story during tournament time. Pitino and St. John’s gives them that now. Even if we are a bubble team I think the NCAA puts us in. I know everyone on here will bash me for saying this but I actually think we match up well against every team in the Big East when I look at their rosters. Let’s go Johnnies!! In Ricky P. We Trust!!
It is the same as people saying Sean Payton can't coach football (and there were a lot in September)

Well maybe it was because it was whole new coaching staff that had to establish a new culture and got off to a slow start.

Guess what Payton can coach and the Broncos are one of the hottest teams in football. I'm Shocked

For Pitino to say they can’t read a scouting report says to me that he had the right game plan but for some reason in the 2nd half they lost their way. All part of the growth process I guess. But, for those of you who posted that Pitino got out coached today , I refuse to believe that. The number of coaches who could possibly out coach Pitino can be counted on one hand , maybe.

8-3 is a pipe dream at this point.

For Pitino to say they can’t read a scouting report says to me that he had the right game plan but for some reason in the 2nd half they lost their way. All part of the growth process I guess. But, for those of you who posted that Pitino got out coached today , I refuse to believe that. The number of coaches who could possibly out coach Pitino can be counted on one hand , maybe.
We’ve just played three of them in a row 😉

A loss tomorrow makes it very difficult to make the tournament even if the team improves drastically,
I don’t think this is true. Michigan, Dayton, and Utah are not bad losses now and I doubt they will be at the end of the season either. Now, it may be hard to make the tournament just because the team isn’t playing well, but I don’t think losing to Utah in a neutral court will keep them out of the tourney or increase the difficulty substantially.

Officially going to be Utah on Sunday. They came from 13 down in the second half to tie (one of their big men had 8 3's), but Houston answered right back.

It is the same as people saying Sean Payton can't coach football (and there were a lot in September)

Well maybe it was because it was whole new coaching staff that had to establish a new culture and got off to a slow start.

Guess what Payton can coach and the Broncos are one of the hottest teams in football. I'm Shocked
Last year Marquette lost three games OOC and two were at home to Mississippi State and Wisconsin. They proceeded to finish 17-3 in conference and killed it. I’m not saying we’ll do that but if we can keep improving, even if we finish 7-4 OOC and then go 14-6 in conference we’re good. We match up well in conference in my opinion

Okay but what if we go 6-5 and 11-9? That’s my concern

Yeah just to be clear I’m not counting this team out at all. Very much hoping to watch them improve and surprise us in good ways as the season moves along. Only accepting what they are instead of who I was hoping they’d be. I’m confident Pitino is going to eventually get this group of guys playing at or close to their potential.

On a positive note…very grateful Soriano is here. Also really loved what we saw out of Zuby today. That was tremendously encouraging. He was like a bull down there in the minutes he got. If he can be a dependable front court player off the bench that would be a huge help to our chances in conference play. Also if RJ Luis is good enough to start and Taylor Jr (who I like a lot) can be bumped to a 6th man role that would be huge for depth.

So the losses have been disappointing but the good thing is there’s plenty of meat left on the bone for improvement. I’d be more worried if we didn’t see obvious areas to improve the team.

I did not watch the last 2 games because of the time but I see that St. John's bball curse is in full effect. Maybe no coach can fix the curse!!

I do think we need to go 8-3 OOC but also think we should beat every team we play after Utah, including WVU on the road. I liked some of what I saw today, but we have lots of work to do. I see Taylor being a very valuable 6th man and Wilcher & Zuby being 7th and 8th guys once Luis gets back with Alleyne being our 9th man and zone buster as Rick doesn't seem to trust him that much for whatever reason.

Back