Caitlin Clark

USC ladies were much bigger and talented inside. Without Cardoso, this would be a very different team.
That said, I didn't think Iowa played to its strength by trying to drive so much against Cardoso and Clark imploding in the final minutes. I would have had her hoisting 3s on every possession down the stretch.

What really impressed Maher the most was Staley didn't sit on the scorers table. :rolleyes: ;)
No doubt that SCarolina was the best team today and all year .
I thought Clark needed to go for 40 or more today for Iowa to have a chance . She had 30 .
That doesn’t diminish Clark’s accomplishment this season and through her career .

She had tremendous influence this year in getting many more fans interested in Women’s BB .

Congrats to the Lady Gamecocks in their championship season .

Dawn Staley was all class to give credit Caitlin Clark for being the great player she is and how Clark has attracted so much interest in the women's game and will continue to do so.

Agree with Cardoso being the difference but that takes nothing away from SC's great season. Clark' has been phenomenal but her teammates can play also.

Iowa coach Lisa Bluder also all class.

Women's basketball won today. We've come a long way from girls playing in skirts, shooting two handed set shots, and special rules. It's a fun game to watch played by world class athletes.

Back