Caitlin Clark

I am an Angel Reese fan. She give 150% every minute of the game. Great motor, never gets outworked.

On the other hand, I don't love Clark court demeanor. She is an incredible talent, but she's shows-up her teammates quite regularly with annoyed body language. I can see why she is not wildly popular in the locker room.
I think there are other reasons for Clark's unpopularity with players. She gets hit regularly while playing, but I have not seen her teammates step up for her.

CC was and All Time great for women's college BB, and she is the only reason the WNBA is on anyone's radar for like the first time ever. Give her her props. She is to the WNBA what Magic and Bird were for reviving the NBA.

To a certain extent Magic needed Bird and vice versa to achieve the exponential NBA growth at the time, despite their individual talents. The rivalry was a very big part of it. I think the same will end up true for Clark and Reese.

There does appear to be a fair bit of jealousy regarding Clark's promotion and media opportunities, but in the long run the players need to understand that a high tide raises all boats.

Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark might not be the best 2 players in the league but they are bringing tons of attention to the sport. Natural for established players to be angry and jealous, but in the end these two women can help make everyone a lot more money.

The word generational is used way too often. However in Clark’s case, she is truly that.
There are lots of reasons Clark stands out beyond the obvious Larry Bird syndrome. Soon league players will realize she can flat out play and is attracting fans and $$ to the league from demographics where wnba interest lags and I don't just mean race. To her credit she doesn't whine and is sucking it up and letting her game do the talking. She's also straight in a league dominated by lesbian athletes and this can't help but boost interest in the league.

There are lots of reasons Clark stands out beyond the obvious Larry Bird syndrome. Soon league players will realize she can flat out play and is attracting fans and $$ to the league from demographics where wnba interest lags and I don't just mean race. To her credit she doesn't whine and is sucking it up and letting her game do the talking. She's also straight in a league dominated by lesbian athletes and this can't help but boost interest in the league.
Seriously?

She's already third all-time in career 20 pts and 10 assist games. Unbelievable
Obviously she is a pro, but in women's basketball fewer players and especially guards understand and intuitively feel spacing that leads to easy basket. They understand that 5 on 5 is really a set of created 3 on 2's, 2 on 1's etc, simply by identifying a player 1/2 of a step out of position or drawing a double etc. Bird could do this, mullin, Stockton, Mark Jackson, and a ton more.

Caitlin being a big time scorer who can do this, piles up a lot of assists and keeps her teammates involved because they know if they cut, pick and roll, etc, she will get them the ball.

Textbook basketball.

Back