Caitlin Clark

Beasts of the East

2023 $upporter
Seen a zillion girls play from grade school through college.

Some bigs are great athletes but few could compete physically with men.

Watching Clark play, her range and passing and my gosh, at the very least would be a hs stsr agInst men, and maybe even college too.

Fantastic court sensevand passing ability. Great competitor.

Rocket knows Taurasi well. Would like his opinion.

Lots of great wnba players but clark's team will be a hot ticket anywhere she plays home or road.

Seen a zillion girls play from grade school through college.

Some bigs are great athletes but few could compete physically with men.

Watching Clark play, her range and passing and my gosh, at the very least would be a hs stsr agInst men, and maybe even college too.

Rocket knows Taurasi well. Would like his opinion.

Lots of great wnba players but clark's team will be a hot ticket anywhere she plays home or road.
Caitlin Clark is a phenomenal women’s college basketball player and will be phenomenal women’s professional basketball player.

Not sure why whenever there’s a really good female player people seem to think they could compete with men. It’s the same when there’s a dominant college team in football or basketball and people think they could compete with the worst NFL or NBA team. It’s not even close.

She would get absolutely cooked by D2 and probably D3 men as well as 3 and 4 star HS players. She’d turn the ball over constantly and would never be able to get a shot off. She wouldn’t have a prayer of staying in front of anybody.

As an aside last night's game was the highest rate ESPN BB game of any type since game 7 of the 2018 NBA Eastern Conference Finals. The woman isn't just skilled, she has star power. Of course the revenge factor from last year, and Angel Reese's somewhat questionable post game celebrating, didn't hurt the ratings either.

Caitlin Clark is a phenomenal women’s college basketball player and will be phenomenal women’s professional basketball player.

Not sure why whenever there’s a really good female player people seem to think they could compete with men. It’s the same when there’s a dominant college team in football or basketball and people think they could compete with the worst NFL or NBA team. It’s not even close.

She would get absolutely cooked by D2 and probably D3 men as well as 3 and 4 star HS players. She’d turn the ball over constantly and would never be able to get a shot off. She wouldn’t have a prayer of staying in front of anybody.
Kind of like when there was some talk years ago about Andy Murray playing Serena in an exhibition. Serena rightfully said she'd have no chance, just biology.

That was my big take away from the games i watched of hers- the passing. she passed like a dude... it was impressive. Instincts that can't be taught.

Kind of like when there was some talk years ago about Andy Murray playing Serena in an exhibition. Serena rightfully said she'd have no chance, just biology.
Clark has a shooting range of 30 feet and in. She may not have the muscle mass of a man, but she can pass, dribble, and shoot. My aau girls team would practice at Molloy college and our best player was this 6 foot guard who could really play. There was a gap between the men's varsity team practice and our aau girls practicing and she would sometimes play pickup with the guys and completely held her own against d2 players. I'm certain Clark could have at leasted started for that men's team and maybe starred.

To your point i think a forward like angel Reese who.plays very big at 6'3 would have a much harder time under the boards against even D2 men.

It’s too bad Paige Bueckers tore her ACL as a sophomore. Her matchup with Clark could have been the second coming of Magic v Bird on the collegiate level.

It’s too bad Paige Bueckers tore her ACL as a sophomore. Her matchup with Clark could have been the second coming of Magic v Bird on the collegiate level.

Let's see how they do vs. each other on Friday night before you write it off as a missed opportunity. Obviously Bueckers star has faded while she was out of the spotlight, but she played great in the nightcap Monday night.

Let's see how they do vs. each other on Friday night before you write it off as a missed opportunity. Obviously Bueckers star has faded while she was out of the spotlight, but she played great in the nightcap Monday night.
IMO Paige was on that level prior to her injury. She has played well but clearly not the same player. Rooting for her big time.

FYI, Bueckers and Clark will not be matching up; Nika Muhl will be on Clark all game barring foul trouble and Bueckers would abuse Clark to no end if Iowa had her try to cover her. Clark is absolutely dynamicly great with the ball but the rest of her game is very pedestrian. Muhl in fact had a lot of success last year against Clark, face guarding her into a 7-22 game, a portion of which was caused by Clark getting frustrated because she is just so used to having the ball in her hands. Obviously absolutely no guarantees that will happen tomorrow night.
As for Bueckers, there is nothing she doesn’t do well on the court. Frankly, IMO she is a much better player this year than her freshman year because she affects the game in every way imaginable; scoring, defending, assisting and rebounding. Defensively she has had to match all year against 4’s because of the injuries UConn has suffered causing them to play an almost exclusively 4 guard lineup. I have seen every UConn game this year and she has just been great.

Last edited:
FYI, Bueckers and Clark will not be matching up; Nika Muhl will be on Clark all game barring foul trouble and Bueckers would abuse Clark to no end if Iowa had her try to cover her. Clark is absolutely dynamicly great with the ball but the rest of her game is very pedestrian. Muhl in fact had a lot of success last year against Clark, face guarding her into a 7-22 game, a portion of which was caused by Clark getting frustrated because she is just so used to having the ball in her hands. Obviously absolutely no guarantees that will happen tomorrow night.

True but no one is watching those two for their D.

True but no one is watching those two for their D.
That’s their loss. Defense wins, offense gets talking heads excited along with fans who don’t know the game. Everyone raved about Bueckers scoring at the end of the USC game when her taking Watkins out of the game defensively when Muhl got in foul trouble was just as, if not more, important.

That’s their loss. Defense wins, offense gets talking heads excited along with fans who don’t know the game. Everyone raved about Bueckers scoring at the end of the USC game when her taking Watkins out of the game defensively when Muhl got in foul trouble was just as, if not more, important.

Tell that to Steph. You can cover up for a bad defending great scorer with the other 4.

And your point? You’re just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. I commented on Clark as a player, not how a team covers for deficiencies. I couldn’t care less about how Steph plays or what the Warriors do to cover for him and it has no relevancy to my comments about Clark.

And your point? You’re just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. I commented on Clark as a player, not how a team covers for deficiencies. I couldn’t care less about how Steph plays or what the Warriors do to cover for him and it has no relevancy to my comments about Clark.

Well I was responding to your response to my post which said no one (meant to imply the enormous viewing audience that these women's games have generated) is watching those games for their D, so what was the point of your post. Who's the contrarian now? ;)

None of my posts have referred to the tactics that will or will not be employed on Friday night.

Well I was responding to your response to my post which said no one (meant to imply the enormous viewing audience that these women's games have generated) is watching those games for their D, so what was the point of your post. Who's the contrarian now? ;)

None of my posts have referred to the tactics that will or will not be employed on Friday night.
Sorry I couldn’t climb into your head to see what you “meant to imply”, like your completely irrelevant comment about Steph Curry, I don’t give a rats behind about why people watch, I was discussing players styles and abilities, you know basketball, the game. If your concern is why people watch we are talking two completely different things. Or were talking, this has wasted enough of both our times.

Back