Bubble Watch

Unfortunately, this is the one thing that absolutely will keep us out tonight:

Wins against the rest of the field: 1

That is not nearly good enough and a number that every other bubble team can easily beat.

TV

Who said anything about “deserve”? I never once used that word. I think SJU still gets in and said so. Certainly hoping for that.
But obviously I have strong opinions regarding the UConn game and said so and why I feel that way. People disagree but I don’t see anyone addressing my whys. I think the game was there to be won and remove all doubt and the reasons IMO that didn’t happen just don’t sit well with me.
Here’s hoping St. John’s gets called between 6 and 7!!
I understand your opinions about the uconn game, and share a lot of them.

My point is, which hasn’t been shared adequately because admittedly I am angry/emotional, is that even if we don’t get in, and have ourselves to blame for that fact, it still hurts

It hurts because we were in pretty much all projections until 8-9 specific things happened over the last 48 hours. I watched one domino after another fall, and it just really sucks.

So yes even though we have ourselves to blame for missed opportunities, it is truly mind blowing that the one year we are on the bubble - the entirety of the 11/12 seeds are going to be cobbled together by auto bids who stole bids from bubble teams.

That just sucks so much and regardless of how our season went, it is a punch to the gut

That is not nearly good enough and a number that every other bubble team can easily beat.
Unfortunately, that's what I'm fearing. Hopefully, we receive some goodwill for other quality wins, nonetheless.

I understand your opinions about the uconn game, and share a lot of them.

My point is, which hasn’t been shared adequately because admittedly I am angry/emotional, is that even if we don’t get in, and have ourselves to blame for that fact, it still hurts

It hurts because we were in pretty much all projections until 8-9 specific things happened over the last 48 hours. I watched one domino after another fall, and it just really sucks.

So yes even though we have ourselves to blame for missed opportunities, it is truly mind blowing that the one year we are on the bubble - the entirety of the 11/12 seeds are going to be cobbled together by auto bids who stole bids from bubble teams.

That just sucks so much and regardless of how our season went, it is a punch to the gut
They weren't stolen they were earned thru the process, we had our chance to not sweat it out on selection day (3 UConn losses , 2 Losses to Seton Hall)

Yeah I agree this is the biggest concern, even ahead of Q1 W/L. Utah, PC, Butler, Xavier, and Nova fading at the end of the season, and then Seton Hall potentially getting bounced the final day is really a worst case scenario. It's extremely bad luck that none of the bubble teams we beat are projected to make it, because Creighton was always a 100% lock. You're talking 6 candidates, just like yesterday where we likely only needed one favored team to win for things to feel a lot safer.

Still hoping they'll pit us against Hall (4th BE team) and take us based on the eye test (and results) from the final game. I'd say 60% odds we get in, but it's tough to say exactly which team we're clearly ahead of. All it takes is one, though, since I think the rest of the bubble is somewhat far behind us and we know things won't line up 100% with the bracketologists (none of them can even agree amongst themselves).

Edit: looks like 60% may be about right based on this:

Silver lining that I texted Maher this morning is that I think next year is going to be a monster year for us. I know nobody wants to hear that crap right now but the future is bright.

My stepfather, a Northwesrern grad, called to console me about the prospects of our not making the tournament. “You had a really good season,” he said.” “The future is bright with Pitino and you should be poised to be much better than a bubble team in the years to come,” he added.

I definitely think the program is on the upswing, but I’m so sick of hearing about “next year.” We have a team now that’s good enough to make a run THIS YEAR!

This will be a long day.
And some of us are getting older with no guarantees we will be around next year đŸ€Ș

Silver lining that I texted Maher this morning is that I think next year is going to be a monster year for us. I know nobody wants to hear that crap right now but the future is bright.
It is true. We’re going to be better next year

Thing that sucks is this team actually was “peaking at the right time”

I’ve watched a lot of basketball the last few days. This tournament is SOFT outside of UConn and it’s the one team we had to play. It is what it is

I’ve entered the acceptance stage of grief.

We’ll watch this selection show as a dysfunctional family. If we get in, it is a party. Complete jubilation

If we don’t, I feel for the seniors, but understand Rick, armed with “Repole money” will have us back here next year except we won’t be sweating it out.

Will say a couple more prayers and hope we get the nod

Back