Bubble Watch

The biggest “I’ll be furious if they get in over us team” is for me Oklahoma, followed closely by FAU. The Sooners finished 9th in the Big 12. We finished 5th in the Big East. They lost six of their last eight, while we won six in a row before losing to UConn. Our NET is 32, theirs is 46. We have the same amount of Quad 1 wins. 26-44 in KenPom. There is no argument, computer or otherwise that could convince me the Sooners are ahead of us.

The biggest “I’ll be furious if they get in over us team” is for me Oklahoma, followed closely by FAU. The Sooners finished 9th in the Big 12. We finished 5th in the Big East. They lost six of their last eight, while we won six in a row before losing to UConn. Our NET is 32, theirs is 46. We have the same amount of Quad 1 wins. 26-44 in KenPom. There is no argument, computer or otherwise that could convince me the Sooners are ahead of us.
Don’t underestimate how terrible Daytons resume is. FAU, Dayton and Oklahoma would infuriate me

My stepfather, a Northwesrern grad, called to console me about the prospects of our not making the tournament. “You had a really good season,” he said.” “The future is bright with Pitino and you should be poised to be much better than a bubble team in the years to come,” he added.

I definitely think the program is on the upswing, but I’m so sick of hearing about “next year.” We have a team now that’s good enough to make a run THIS YEAR!

This will be a long day.

Has anyone heard if the team is doing a watch party? I recall they did one for Mullin's team that got in. Almost wonder if we hear they are not doing one means they were tipped off they aren't getting in.

Has anyone heard if the team is doing a watch party? I recall they did one for Mullin's team that got in. Almost wonder if we hear they are not doing one means they were tipped off they aren't getting in.
Ya know, that makes sense. If they're doing a live view of us then we're very likely in.

Last edited:
How many of these teams won their conference tourney for an automatic?

FAU and Colorado should’ve just played themselves out. FAU has a bunch of bad losses and just lost to a team that was throwing games like 2 weeks ago. A lot of teams with bad resumes are ahead of the big east teams based on, it looks like, inertia of having been “in” for a while.

How many of these teams won their conference tourney for an automatic?

UConn, Iowa state, Illinois/wisconsin, Florida/auburn, st Mary’s, new mexico

Seems like the consensus with top people is we’re first four out. The optimistic spin on this are two things (I’m very good at the “bargaining” stage…):

— We don’t know how close we are to actually being in. Was it a 50/50 decision they made? Was it a no brainer for them?
— If we are going to be our heading into selection Sunday by these random bracketologists on blogspot.com and hacks at ESPN/CBS/Fox, I’d rather be in the first four out and still plausibly get in vs. “next four out”

20th rated guy also has us as first one out.

Not looking anymore for my own sake. Let it be 6pm already.
I just moved on from the discovery that earth is inhabited by 174 “bracketologists”, now I have to wrap my head around the fact they are ranked.

And how many of them fall in the bracketologist ranking and have to sweat out being a bubble bracketologist on selection Sunday?

Last edited:
I just moved on from the discovery that earth is inhabited by 174 “bracketologists’l now I have to wrap my head around the fact they are ranked.

And how many of them fall in the bracketologist ranking and have to sweat out being a bubble bracketologist on selection Sunday?
I’d be amused watching a live look in at them watching the show

Back