Bubble Watch

I just moved on from the discovery that earth is inhabited by 174 “bracketologists’l now I have to wrap my head around the fact they are ranked.

And how many of them fall in the bracketologist ranking and have to sweat out being a bubble bracketologist on selection Sunday?
Do bracketologists get paid salaries or do they just rely on dimented basketball fans like us to click on their stuff after being tormented enough times

Seems like the consensus with top people is we’re first four out. The optimistic spin on this are two things (I’m very good at the “bargaining” stage…):

— We don’t know how close we are to actually being in. Was it a 50/50 decision they made? Was it a no brainer for them?
— If we are going to be our heading into selection Sunday by these random bracketologists on blogspot.com and hacks at ESPN/CBS/Fox, I’d rather be in the first four out and still plausibly get in vs. “next four out”
Totally. If you look at the basically 8 teams vying for the last 5 spots, I think a case could be made for many of them in essentially any order:

FAU
Colorado
Michigan state
Oklahoma
T a&m
SJU
Seton hall
Virginia

I would have FAU, Virginia, and tamu out. Fau and tamu both just have a lot of very bad losses. Virginia looks like garbage.

TV
wasnt talking about you but Jesus Christ who fucking cares if we deserve it or not

I’m a fan and I wanted us in

This sucks
Who said anything about “deserve”? I never once used that word. I think SJU still gets in and said so. Certainly hoping for that.
But obviously I have strong opinions regarding the UConn game and said so and why I feel that way. People disagree but I don’t see anyone addressing my whys. I think the game was there to be won and remove all doubt and the reasons IMO that didn’t happen just don’t sit well with me.
Here’s hoping St. John’s gets called between 6 and 7!!

Do bracketologists get paid salaries or do they just rely on dimented basketball fans like us to click on their stuff after being tormented enough times
Well, if you ran a scam where you sat at a lap top and threw names in a bracket yearly between February and March and get paid, I think the click per demented fans puts you in a higher tax bracket (see what I did there?) than a straight salary.

The 107th best bracketologist a monkey goes by the name George just put us in Dayton playing a team of bananas
The Savannah Bananas are a touring Baseball Team that legitimately exists playing Banana Baseball against their opponents , the Party Animals .

They come with their own cheerleaders , the Banana Nanas . Dancing girls in their 60’s and over .

They played last week in Houston before a crowd of 41,000 fans , The Starting pitcher for the Bananas was Roger Clemens . He pitched to 3 Party Animals . Walk , Home Run and Double .

I’m sure the Bananas would gladly play us in a Tournament game .

Banana tickets are all sold out . There is a waiting list of 86,000 people all over the Country .Tickets only available on the secondary market , Many going for $500 and up .

Figured a little diversion from the Selection show would soothe our fears , needless or real .

This is how tonight’s conversation will go down

6:00pm Nathalie gets home

Nat “ are you watching that basketball selection thing ? “

Me “ yes now leave me alone to concentrate “

Nat “ Concentrate on what ? Every single team you said you needed to lose last night won “

Me “ I know but… “

Nat “ I know it’s St Patrick’s but wtf are you doing wearing a Mandalorian Green Baby Yoda Tee shirt that’s 3 sizes too small “

Me “ I borrowed it from Paulie our tenant he’s huge star wars and spin off fan and he’s 5ft 4 this is his biggest shirt “

Nat “ But wtf are you wearing it. You look ridiculous in it. It looks like it might rip “

Me “ Because I’m channeling my inner Grogu and using Jedi mind tricks on the ncaa selection committee “

Nat “ was this your idea or your St John’s internet friends idea ? “

I guess its OK to smoke weed after Sunday Mass :)

These things usually go our way 🫣

It seems as if they stress non-conference schedules for the teams that miss out so I am hoping the non-conference punishes the Big 12. I really think the 9 vs 3 disparity may save us and the non-conference but the margin is minute.

Last edited:
But then how do you explain the Mountain West?? Their bottom 3 are also trash. Maybe not Depaul level but certainly Gtown.
Georgetown actually beat TCU if the refs were allowed to view the monitor on the Horned Frogs' last second Hail Mary of a shot (with TCU's player being out of bounds).

Back