Bubble Watch

The A10 is crazy it could be a single bid league with just Dayton or depending how the view the conference up to 3/4. How do you separate UR, VCU, and Loyolas resume?

Dayton: 62% at-large bid
VCU: 11%
Loyola: 0.3%
Richmond: 11%

St. John's: 58%

Loyola beating Dayton yesterday wasn't helpful but didn't even move the needle. I'm guessing a lot of these OOC schedules were bad. We have to hope Dayton wins A-10 tournament.

I see that SJU moved up a spot in Net with Nevada falling behind us even though they won last night. They beat a sub .500 team in Fresno State by only 8, so shows how important margin of victory is.

Wish I had seen Bob Marley at a venue like the Beacon. I can only imagine the energy a young Marley had. The depth and meaning in his lyrics will never be replicated.
You're so right on the lyrics Panther. What made Bob one of the all time greatest imho is he combined meaningful, often deeply religious lyrics with wonderful music that made you want to get up and dance, along with some beautiful ballads (No Woman, No Cry comes to mind). While known for protest songs, Bob wrote some beautiful love songs, and while many of his protest songs were angry they were never hateful.

Sorry Knight, back to Bubble Watch.

1000% I know folks are saying we have nothing to gain in those games, but if they are able to annihilate those two teams, net could move 3-5 spots or so. Makes it even harder to keep sju out of the tourney
Including playing as the 6 seed and taking care of business against DePaul. Then go face and beat Creighton. I don’t see how people think it’s better to be the 5 seed and play seton hall. Creighton is so much higher ranked in polls and all other metrics than seton hall. Give me the DePaul win by a lot and win over Creighton scenario every time over playing seton hall and win.

Not to go too off topic, but how was the Bob Marley movie? Didn’t get a chance to see it yet
Despite the lukewarm reviews from the media all three of us really enjoyed it. Don't want to take this thread any more off topic so I will send you a PM with a more in depth review.

Including playing as the 6 seed and taking care of business against DePaul. Then go face and beat Creighton. I don’t see how people think it’s better to be the 5 seed and play seton hall. Creighton is so much higher ranked in polls and all other metrics than seton hall. Give me the DePaul win by a lot and win over Creighton scenario every time over playing seton hall and win.
Although we are 0-2 vs hall and 1-1 vs Creighton, I like our chances to beat SHU in BET a little bit more.

And while not as flashy as a creighton win, A SHU win is a quality win and it could mean the difference between us and another bubble team. Could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Last edited:
Although we are 0-2 vs hall and 1-1 va Creighton, I like our chances to beat SHU in BET a little bit more.

And while not as flashy as a creighton win, A SHU win is a quality win and it could mean the difference between us and another bubble team. Could kill 2 birds with one stone.
This, and we don't have to play back-to-back. That would come in handy if we win that Thursday game.

Although we are 0-2 vs hall and 1-1 va Creighton, I like our chances to beat SHU in BET a little bit more.

I’m not saying beating seton hall isn’t something I would love. I just see the other scenario as the better one. Not many do apparently. But there are a couple out there.

Bottom line is. Just keep winning St. John’s no matter who you play. We control our own destiny.

Back